COVID 19 Protocols for The Ommani Center
March 18, 2020
Dear Patients of The Ommani Center,
The past few weeks have been an unprecedented unfolding of collective events. Times like these cause us to pause and reflect on what we value, what we can do to strengthen ourselves, what we can do to help one another. We should always remember this principle and these values which build community and resilience. Now is the time for us to practice them.
As an Integrative Medical Center, our focus has always been to educate, advise, treat, guide, and facilitate optimal health and healing. Our focus is still the same, in fact even stronger, under the influence of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
We are a health resource center with a commitment to keeping you healthy during this time.
Because of the way we time appointments at The Ommani Center, we rarely have more than 4 patients in the waiting room at any given time. Our waiting room is now being disinfected frequently, according to CDC guidelines to keep you and our health providers safe.
We are open and here to help guide you through this Pandemic and we urge you to keep your appointments with our physicians and providers either in person or remotely.
We are here to keep the flow of your health care intact. We believe that staying focused and fortifying your health is of utmost importance at this time.
We have established a general protocol to ensure your safety which is as follows:
- Please refrain from coming to The Ommani Center if you have a cough, trouble breathing or a fever. Both Dr. Kumar and Dr. Kocourek are happy to engage in a remote appointment to evaluate your symptoms and guide your care. Evaluating you remotely reduces the potential for COVID-19 transmission to others in case you are a carrier.
- We will ask you to apply hand sanitizer to your hands upon arrival to The Ommani Center.
- We are implementing rigorous sanitation and disinfecting procedures in the entire Center for your and our health providers safety.
- If you would like to reschedule your appointment, we encourage you to switch it to a remote visit, if possible, to preserve your continuity of care.
- If you wish to cancel, we require a 24 hour notice for all cancellations to avoid the late fees.
Specific Medical Doctor/Practitioner Protocols:
- Keep your follow-up appointment with Dr. Kumar, either in-person (if symptom free) or via remote appointment. Keeping current on your healthcare status is very important now more than ever.
- Do not hesitate to schedule an in-person (if symptom free) or remote appointment with Dr. Kumar if you would like preventative guidance during this time.
- If you choose to postpone your Physical Exam with Dr. Kumar, you will be asked to change your physical exam appointment to a remote follow-up. Given the thoroughness and vigilance of Dr. Kumar's evaluation of your ongoing labs and health issues, it is critical for continuity of your health care to update this aspect of the appointment as scheduled.
- Keep your follow-up appointment with Dr. Kocourek, either in-person (if symptom fee) or via remote appointment.
- Keep your physical exam, well-child, Medicare Wellness visit, procedure appointments if you are symptom free.
- If you choose to postpone an appointment because you are electing to self-quarantine, for your safety and wellbeing you will be asked to change that appointment to a remote appointment.
- Regarding insurance coverage - we will continue to bill your insurance company for in-office appointments, but remote appointments cannot currently be billed to insurance by our office. If and until that situation changes, Dr. Kocourek will charge a discounted fee for remote visits. These need to be paid at time of service.
Acupuncture - Aimee Brown, LAc, MSOM
- Aimee will continue to see symptom-free clients for their regular acupuncture appointments.
- If you need to reschedule because you are symptomatic or are choosing to self-quarantine, we are happy to accommodate you, just give our office a call.
Classical Homeopathy - David Johnson, CCH
- David will continue to see symptom-free clients, but is also offering Skype or remote (phone) homeopathic consultations for symptomatic clients or those choosing to self-quarantine.
- Call our office if you wish to set-up or change your appointment to a Skype or remote visit.
Massage Therapy - Tammy Winkelman, LMT, RN
- Tammy is following the 3/17/20 State of Wisconsin and Therapeutic Massage Association guidelines and is canceling all massage appointments through April 15. Currently, we are accepting appointments for symptom-free clients after that date.
Psychotherapy - Eric Ehrke, LCSW, LMFT
- Eric encourages his clients to keep their therapy appointments, especially during this time!
- Effective immediately, Eric will see symptom-free clients in person on Mondays.
- He will see symptomatic or patients choosing to self-quarantine on Tuesdays via Skype or remote (phone) appointment.
- Wednesdays will be an overflow day for patients who cannot be accommodated on Monday or Tuesday.
- Eric will be reaching out to current patients to discuss how they wish to handle their appointments, but please feel free to call our office to make an appointment or alter an existing appointment; you do not have to wait for Eric's call to schedule a new appointment or change an existing one.
Reiki/Physical Therapy/Yoga - Shelley Carpenter, PT, RYT, RM
- Shelley will continue to see symptom-free clients for Physical Therapy and Reiki.
- She reminds everyone that Reiki is a wonderful technique to help balance the body and provide stress reduction and healing. She is offering remote Reiki appointments for symptomatic or clients choosing to self-quarantine.
- At this time, yoga classes will not be held at The Ommani Center. Shelley currently offers free yoga, breathing and meditation via YouTube videos: https://www.pureenergyyoga.com/my-video-channel She is also looking into either livestream or paid subscription options.
As this situation is constantly changing, we will keep you apprised of any changes we make to our policy. We encourage you to regularly view the COVID19 Resource Page
on our website. We will keep that page current with regular updates.
Direct any appointment questions or queries about the information contained in this message to our office at 262.695.5311 or contact us via our email address: email@example.com.
You can rest assured you will be kept safe and empowered by our practitioners during this time.
March 18, 2020
Share the Ommani Vision
Do you have family and friends you would love to share the Ommani mission with or perhaps there is someone who is new to the idea of integrative health? Forward our newsletter to them and encourage them to sign up to receive it monthly. Thank you in advance for your referral!