Message from Gina...
Options@328 officially opened its doors last October. Let’s call it a soft opening: no promotion, no Google Ads and COVID challenges. Each day we gain a better understanding of how we can most effectively serve our clients. I think it’s important to share some numbers so you can get a picture of the activity in the last 90 days.
- There have been 48 appointments.
- We provided 28 pregnancy tests--23 positive and 5 negative.
- We performed 20 sonograms.
- Two women called from Planned Parenthood's waiting room and then visited us.
- Six women were directed to us by Howard St. sidewalk counselors.
- Two women were referred for abortion pill reversal.
- Two women were referred for post-abortion counseling.
- Twenty eight women were willing to allow us to share the Gospel.
The signs on the building have helped women contact our Helpline. Word of mouth has started. Past CPC moms in crisis are visiting us at Options@328 and, even with a limited presence, the internet has helped women find us. We have seen women from metropolitan Baltimore zip codes, from southern MD, west to Frederick, and even PA.
Our urban environment is challenging. We are learning what hours we should and should not be open. We shift our staffing to meet the daily, changing needs of our clients. Women in crisis are looking for immediate answers, so Options@328 has medical staff on site 5 days a week. We follow up with every woman we see; sometimes they talk to us and sometimes they don’t pick up.
In the near future, we will increase our virtual visibility through Google Ads. We know this will help reach additional women. We will be prepared. God has placed Options@328 on one of the darkest corners of Baltimore and we will shine the light of life.
Many of our churches and donors are interested in seeing our new location. We have conducted 19 tours. Please contact me if you would like to schedule a visit.
Thank you for being part of our mission and helping to cultivate a culture of life.