Silver Award Scholarship
Up to a maximum of $1500.00
1. Applicant's permanent residence as indicated on college records or the high school of record must be within the states of Kansas or Missouri and either (a) within a 150-mile radius from a point on the Kansas/Missouri state line at highway 1-35; or (b) within a 25-mile radius of the main U.S. Post Office at the mailing address of a current MCIB/CPG member.
2. Applicant must be pursuing a Bachelors or Associates degree in the field of Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology or Engineering Technology and must have completed at least 24 credit hours towards their major degree.
3. Applicant must not be a son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, niece or nephew of an Advisory Committee member.
4. Part-time student applicants will be limited to sophomore class status or above. The scholarship award to part-time students will be commensurate with the costs.
5. The application must be typewritten. Responses to questions on the application must be answered on the form, with the exception of the essay question, which may be typed on a separate sheet and attached to the application. The application must be accompanied by a college transcript.
6. (a) A statement of appraisal of the applicant in terms of potential for growth, character, leadership capacity, and career interest from three evaluators is required; at least one should be from a faculty member. The statements of appraisal must be returned directly to MCIB/CPG by each evaluator.
(b) Applicants must ensure that MCIB/CPG has received these appraisals before application deadline.
7. Silver Award scholarship will provide up to a maximum of $1500.00 per year, depending on available fund value and applicant qualifications and need.