What is the Learning about Healthy Living Manual?
The Learning about Healthy Living manual was developed to help smokers with serious mental health problems who are not ready to quit. It is built on a group format and designed for mental health providers. The LAHL manual embeds the awareness of tobacco addiction within a range of wellness topics including healthy eating and increasing activity.
Why is Treating Tobacco important?
Research shows that higher rates of smoking among people with serious mental health problems have led to higher mortality and morbidity; they are dying 25 years younger, many from tobacco-related illnesses.
What does the curriculum offer?
This curriculum is presented by Jill Williams, M.D., one of the creators of the manual, and a presenter with a wealth of research and practical experience in working with smokers who have been diagnosed with serious mental health conditions.
People who complete the curriculum are eligible to receive 3.25 hours of Social Work, LMHC, and CASAC continuing education (please see curriculum description at link below for additional details).
To take the course:
- Click HERE
- Enter your username and password.
- You will then see a page where you can request training.
- Once you request the training, you will be brought to your transcript.
- Click on "evaluate behavior" to the right of the curriculum to answer a brief survey.
- Click on "open curriculum" to begin viewing the training.