This 20-minute video illustrates how all of us can learn to recognize the warning signs for suicide in people we know, have just met, or in ourselves. It’s learning objectives are:
- Describe the 3 R’s to prevent suicide
o RECOGNIZE: Be aware of warning signs that someone might be considering suicide
o RESPOND: Engage with the person in distress by speaking up and listening
o REFER: Connect that person with professional help
- Promote overcoming stigma and other obstacles to asking for help, and approaching others to help them
To access this module:
Log into the Learning Community using your username and password at: https://rfmh.csod.com/client/rfmh/default.aspx
- Click on "Suicide Prevention"
- Click on "Start an online module"
- Click on "Suicide is Everyone’s Business"
- Click on "Launch"
This is one of a series of online training modules focusing on suicide prevention that are available to you in the CPI Learning Community, with additional modules now under development. Current titles include:
- Engaging Families and Social Supports in Working with Suicidal Individuals
- Safety Planning Intervention for Suicide Prevention
- Means Reduction Counseling for Suicidal Individuals
- Comprehensive Suicide Risk Assessment
- Structured Follow-up and Monitoring
- Optimizing Clinical Care of Suicidal Individuals
- Suicide Prevention for Healthcare Workers, and
- Assessment of Suicidal Risk Using C-SSRS
- Suicide Screening and Risk Assessment in Youth