We're pleased to announce that the newest suicide prevention module, Comprehensive Suicide Risk Assessment, is now available through CPI's learning management system.
Assessment of suicide risk is one of the most challenging aspects of mental health work. In this module, mental health providers are given guidance and a framework for conducting a comprehensive assessment of suicidal risk that informs triage decisions and recommendations for effective prevention and intervention. It consists of didactics, video interviews, interactive knowledge checks, and a case illustration. This training includes a framework for recognizing and prioritizing chronic and acute risk factors and individual warning signs, and weighing risk factors and protective factors to assign a level of risk that can be used to determine the most appropriate level of care.
To view this module:
* Log into the Learning Community using your username and password at: https://rfmh.csod.com/client/rfmh/default.aspx
* Click on the "Suicide Prevention" icon
* Click on "Start an online module"
* Click on "Comprehensive Suicide Risk Assessment"
* Click on "Launch"
Three other Suicide Prevention modules are also available:
* Assessment of Suicidal Risk Using C-SSRS
* Safety Planning Intervention for Suicide Prevention
* Structured Follow-up and Monitoring
For more information about CPI's Suicide Prevention-Training, Implementation and Evaluation program (SP-TIE), under the direction of Barbara Stanley, Ph.D., please click here: