Learning objectives include:
- Summarize how to conduct the C-SSRS Full version and Screener,
- Describe the therapeutic skills required to build and maintain rapport when conducting the C-SSRS,
- Recognize how to adapt your approach to administering the C-SSRS for adolescent populations,
- Summarize how to use the C-SSRS to identify clients’ suicide risk levels and inform triage decisions, and
- Recognize the prevalence of suicidal behavior within diverse sub-populations, in order to increase awareness of suicide risk in African American, Latinx, Indigenous (or other BIPOC), or LGBTQ+ individuals.
1.25 hours of continuing education credits for completion of this module are available to physicians, social workers, psychologists, licensed mental health counselors, and CASACs.