Did you know that:
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation is a process that supports people's recovery by helping them to choose, get and keep meaningful recovery goals
- Important values that drive this work include person-orientation, choice, success and satisfaction
- Supports and skills are both valued and important
- PROS and HCBS settings are ideal for Psychosocial Rehabilitation activities
The Center for Practice Innovations, in collaboration with the NYS Office of Mental Health and the Coalition for Behavioral Health's Center for Rehabilitation and Recovery, is pleased to announce the release of this new module entitled "Psychosocial Rehabilitation". Using video, interactive exercises and a case vignette, this module consists of nine sections:
- Values and principles
- Interpersonal skills
- Assessing readiness
- Developing readiness
- Setting rehabilitation goals
- Direct skills teaching and use
- Supports, and
- Achieving success with psychosocial rehabilitation, including considerations within NYS
Continuing education credits are available for social workers, mental health counselors, and CASACs.
To access this module:
- Log into the Learning Community using your username and password at: https://rfmh.csod.com/client/rfmh/default.aspx
- Click on "Browse For Training"
- Click on "Psychosocial Rehabilitation"
- Click on "Launch"