Wellness Self-Management Plus (WSM+) is a curriculum-based clinical practice designed to assist adults who are simultaneously dealing with mental health and substance use problems. The topics covered include a number of research-informed approaches that are organized into a comprehensive and coordinated set of practices.
Working with experts at the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS), CPI has updated the WSM+ workbook to reflect changes and increased knowledge in the field.
We're pleased to announce that this workbook is now available in Spanish.
The curriculum is still organized into a 57-lesson personal workbook that includes lessons such as:
- Understanding the connection between mental health and substance misuse
- Understanding how substance misuse and addiction may harm your mental and physical health
- Deciding if your substance misuse or addiction is a problem
- Understanding pros and cons of substance misuse
- Making important decisions: Knowing your personal readiness to change
- How are mental health, substance misuse and addiction problems diagnosed?
- Understanding and preventing a relapse
- Coping with stress: What works? What doesn't?
- Knowing your early warning signs
- Health lifestyle, tobacco use, e-cigarettes/vaping and recovery