2018 Growth and Adventures
2018 was filled with growth, community, and so many great adventures! Here's a look at our year in review:
- January 2018: CPATH expanded our Board of Directors and now have 6 members of the community working hard to drive our mission and vision forward!
- February 2018: We hired our first employee! Kelli Croll has strengthened our strategic relationships with community partners and helped us build and enhance CPATH’s organizational and social programs.
- March 2018: Rolled out a new CPATH website to better engage our audience.
- April 2018: Implemented a new Database Management System for communicating with the families and individuals that we serve. Enlisted the help of UT McCombs Business School.
- May 2018: The "Backyard Bunch" held their 4th annual Fundraising Social which helps support Camp CPals!
- May 2018: CPATH hosted our 3rd annual Camp CPals. We hosted over 50 campers for 100% barrier-free fun!
- September 2018: First Adaptive Sports event for Teens and Young Adults with CP.
- October 24, 2018: Light the Path 2018. We hosted our 4th annual gala where we experienced over 35% fundraising growth!!!!
These major events helped our growth sky rocket! In addition to the above, we hosted and participated in:
- Respite and Adaptive Sports Program: CPATH provided 4 respite days in 2018 and 6 dates scheduled for 2019. Our respite opportunities have expanded with partnerships that will accommodate both our North and South Austin families.
- Educational Forums - We hosted 4 CParents learning events, hosted a screening of "Tough Nissi", an amazing and inspiring documentary, and provided training for companies and individuals in our community on 4 different occasions.
- Community Events - Participated in many events with our community partners including and inclusive Egg Hunt, Trunk or Treat and many resource fairs!
WHEW!!!! What's in store for 2019????
An Equipment Closet Program - Exchange and Re-Use!!!!
This program will allow families and individuals to exchange very expensive and necessary equipment with one another. Equipment, even necessary for mobility, is often denied by insurance or takes a very long time in the approval process. Children quickly outgrow equipment, yet it is in perfect condition. We will be finding new homes for such pieces and ensuring that every child and person can have access to equipment that will meet their needs.
We also have goals to increase programming and social opportunities for Teens and Young Adults with CP. We anticipate having year-round gatherings in 2019 for our adolescents to meet, gather, and build relationships!
Thank you for being a part of our monumental growth and helping to support so many families and individuals living with cerebal palsy in the greater Central Texas region! We deeply appreciate your ongoing support here at CPATH, and wish you a wonderful holiday season.
We look forward to another year of growth and impact in 2019!!!