We have made it to May! During these bizarre and different times, online learning is in full swing and our students are showing us now, more than ever, how adaptive and resilient they are. Mrs. Hoy sent out a newsletter yesterday that had links for resources for parents and students alike, including the contact information for our school social worker, Lisa Brannick. Please see reference this copy of the newsletter for all of the information.
In this time, in particular, we want to thank you again for all that you do! Please see additional announcement below. If you have any questions, please let me know.
- As a point of reminder, Mondays and Thursdays are black days with Tuesdays and Fridays as red day. Wednesdays are designated as 'catch up' days.
- Attendance is due for a specific class on its designated day by 11:59 pm.
- If any student is in need of emotional support, please have him/her reach out to our school social worker - Lisa Brannick at email@example.com.
- 8th grade parents, please send a baby picture of your student. Either reply to this email or send it directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention 8th grade parents - your student qualifies to apply for a $1,000 scholarship from the Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians. The student is required to write an essay, limited to 300 words, reflecting on their thoughts about the Value of a Catholic Education. The essay will be evaluated by L.A.O.H. members on the following criteria: Comprehension, Organization/Grammar, and Creativity. In addition to the essay, a complete entry will include the students' information form (included here), along with his/her most recent report card. Please email all essays to Kyle Powers by May 17. The deadline for the scholarship is May 18, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Powers.
Again, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Junior High Dean