March 1, 2022
Last week we sent you a message about the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the dangers faced by the Jewish community there, and the efforts underway to support this Jewish community. We’ve been working closely with our partners at Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)
to coordinate fundraising efforts and ensure that there are efficient paths for getting resources into the hands of those who most need them. On Friday we sent out information from JFNA about their response and a way to donate. Today we’d like to share with you Omaha’s unique role in this national fundraising effort and ways that you can get involved right away.
As we sent on Friday, JFNA has launched a nationwide fundraising effort to support the Jewish community in Ukraine. The funds raised in this effort are distributed to meet the following immediate needs:
• Securing the local community and its institutions
• Maintaining critical welfare services
• Assisting internally displaced people in multiple locations.
• Launching an emergency hotline
• Securing temporary housing for people in transit
• Purchasing satellite phones to maintain communications across the region
• Securing five Jewish schools and training staff to manage crisis needs
• Helping people make Aliyah to Israel
Our community will be joining this effort, and we’d like to raise $100,000 to quickly meet these needs. To aid in this goal, the JFO will be matching all donations dollar for dollar up to $50,000. If you’d like to donate, you can click the link below, and it will take you straight to JFNA’s donation portal. All online donations from the Omaha community will count against our $100,000 goal. If you prefer to donate by check, please send your check to the JFO (333 S 132nd St) with “Ukraine” in the memo line. We will compile these check donations and send the funds to JFNA.