March 6, 2017
Dear CRPO Member or Stakeholder:
This special bulletin is being sent to you as it contains important reminders about the upcoming deadline for three separate and time-sensitive processes affecting applications and membership: close of grandparenting, membership renewal and the Quality Assurance Program.
If you have already submitted an application for registration with CRPO, or are a Member and have already submitted your renewal and have met your QA obligations, thank you for your prompt attention, you may disregard this message.
Close of Grandparenting
All applicants wishing to pursue the grandparenting route to registration must:
- Create an online account on CRPO's Member Management System.
- Pay for and successfully complete the Professional Practice & Jurisprudence eLearning Module in either English or French, allowing at least three business days for the payment to clear the banking system (access to the Module is permitted only after the fee payment has cleared).
- Once the Module is complete, select the grandparenting application and pay the application processing fee, allowing at least three business days for the payment to clear (the payment must clear the banking system before March 31, 2017 to allow time for you to go back to the application and click Submit).
- Complete the online application - this means you should answer all questions with as much detail as possible so it is clear how your education and training, practice history and clinical experience demonstrate that you meet the minimum requirements for registration, ensure the three required documents are properly authorized and copies uploaded to your user account. This approach should minimize the need for staff to follow-up for additional information.
- Go back into the Member Management System and submit the application once the payment has cleared and the application is complete.
All of this needs to be done before 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2017. The application status will change from "Open" to "Received" once the application has been successfully submitted to CRPO.
Staff are working to ensure that applications are processed in a timely and efficient manner and we have adopted the following approach to support these efforts:
- If a staff member has questions after the first review of the application, they will send a detailed message to the applicant through the Member Management System addressing the concerns.
- If more information is required after receiving the response, a staff member will follow-up for a second and final time.
- If we do not receive a substantive response within three months of the date of the second request for clarification, or the two attempts fail to result in satisfactory information, the application may then be referred to a panel of the Registration Committee for further consideration and possible refusal.
No grandparenting applications can be submitted after March 31, 2017.
Renewal of Membership for 2017-18
CRPO Members are required to renew their membership on an annual basis, by March 31st of each year.
To complete your 2017-18 membership renewal you must:
- Pay the annual membership fee, including HST, allowing at least three business days for the payment to clear the banking system.
- Complete the online membership renewal form (this can be done while you're waiting for your payment to clear). Review the information on every page and verify it is accurate.
- Once the payment has cleared and you've completed the renewal, go back into the Member Management System and submit the form.
Your membership renewal must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2017 or risk incurring a late fee of $78 +HST. The renewal status will change from "Open" to "Received" once the renewal form has been successfully submitted to CRPO. When logged into your account on the Member Management System you can check the renewal status by going into the "Renewal" tab and clicking "Return to Renewal" for the 2017-18 Renewal Period.
Quality Assurance Program Requirements
All CRPO Members are required to participate in the Quality Assurance Program.
If your date of initial registration falls between Oct. 1, 2015 and Dec. 31, 2016, you are required to complete a Self-Assessment and begin a Learning Plan by March 31, 2017. If your date of registration falls outside of this window, review the
Professional Development Guide
to learn more about your requirements.