March 20, 2020
Dear Utility Friends and/or Industry Partners,
Various government entities are acting decisively in order to slow the spread of COVID-19. The worldwide emergency has created undeniable risk and concern around personal contact and travel. Based on recent developments in the U.S. and feedback from your Board of Directors and Executive staff, we have cancelled CS Week 2020, originally scheduled for May 18-22 in Fort Worth, TX. Your safety and security are paramount.
We will, in concert with you, determine possible alternatives. These include postponement to a future 2020 date when public health officials determine the threat will be contained, virtual events or a restyled version of CS Week. Keeping you informed and regularly updated during this evolving situation remains our highest priority. You will be notified by email of all decisions.
We continue to provide the following reassurances for
CS WEEK 2020 REGISTRATION AND RESERVATIONS:
Registration Fees: With this cancellation decision, you can count on CS Week for flexibility:
- Carry Over: Your 2020 registration fees paid will be carried over to CS Week 2021 set for Tampa, FL on April 26-30. If you do not contact CS Week, this will be our default action. This carry over applies to all utility, exhibitor and non-exhibitor registrants.
- Refunds: If requested by email or phone, your 2020 registration fees paid for Conference 44, ENGAGE311, Executive Summit, Key Account Forum and Women in Utilities Sunrise Event will be refunded. Please make your request no later than June 15, 2020. When you make this refund request, please provide your original payment method (check, ACH, credit card, etc.). All utility, exhibitor and non-exhibitor registrants are eligible for a full refund.
- CS Week staff, and particularly Julie Shankles, CS Week Registration Mgr at firstname.lastname@example.org, are available to assist you at 903-893-3214 during normal business hours.
- Should CS Week be rescheduled, restyle itself or create virtual events during the 2020 calendar year, different, new registration fees will be set.
Hotel Reservations: With the cancellation of CS Week 2020, hotel reservations at the four designated hotels with room blocks (Courtyard by Marriott/Blackstone, Omni, Sheraton and The Worthington Renaissance) for already registered attendees will be automatically cancelled. Your credit card, which was required at registration, will not be charged.
If you made a reservation before our four Conference hotel links were available online in November 2019 or if you made reservations at these hotels outside our designated room blocks, please call the hotel directly and cancel your reservation.
- Courtyard by Marriott/Blackstone: 1-817-885-8700
- Omni Fort Worth Hotel: 1-817-535-6664
- Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel: 1-817-335-7000
- Worthington Renaissance: 1-817-870-1000
If you made reservations at a different hotel, airbnb or other location besides the four above, please call them directly to cancel your reservation.
Thank you for your understanding about the uncertainty and fluidity of this situation as we take protective measures to safeguard you and our utility community. We will now actively plan our CS Week events that will replace the May 2020 schedule at future time(s) and place(s) this year. We thank you for your continued support.
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact us at 903-893-3214.