If you are like me, you are growing very anxious waiting to hear when school will resume. We are currently following the order of the Governor, which runs through April 24, 2020. I am anticipating we will receive additional guidance any day. Like you, we struggle with the uncertainty, we want an answer so we can plan accordingly. With this in mind, we are in the midst of planning for multiple scenarios ranging from school restarting with restrictions to extending the current order through the end of the year. Nothing would make us happier than to resume school this year. What we do know is that schooling will look a bit different when we do get back together.
As the State works on a plan, we continue to deep clean all of our spaces. We are working with our District Nurse, Nicole Cofta, to secure masks, gloves and thermometers. Whether the decision is to return in the near future or further out, we’ll need protective wear as it appears will be managing the COVID-19 virus well into the next school year. Additional information is below on how you can assist with our request for making masks. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated. As soon as we receive guidance from the State, we anticipate making our decisions on many end of the year events, including the plan for Summer Academy.