CSID Program Officer Announcement:
Program Officer for Tunisia and North Africa
Posted February 15, 2016
The Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy (CSID), a non-profit non-governmental organization that works to support and promote democracy around the world, seeks a Program Officer for Tunisia and North Africa. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Program Officer will work with CSID staff and volunteers to provide programmatic support to CSID Tunisia and North Africa programs, develop the CSID's strategy for the region, set programmatic priorities, monitor, implement, and evaluate projects, and track program budgets.
- Writing and Submitting grant proposals and progress reports in specific countries;
- Drafting summaries of project activities and proposals to present at quarterly Board of Directors' meetings;
- Maintaining regular communications with potential and existing local and international organizations;
- Attending relevant internal and external meetings;
- Building and maintaining relationships with like-minded organizations, including donors, partners and regional organizations.
- Organizing and participating in events to highlight specific democracy-related issues
- Duties include marketing and outreach for programs under his/her supervision, organization and facilitation of training sessions, and serving as the main liaison with many program partners and consultants.
- Also responsible for all aspects of program administration including application review, coordination with program host sites and facilitators, program evaluation and reporting.
- Provides support for CSID communication and fundraising efforts.
- Does program-related database entry and reports.
- Represents the CSID at meetings and events around in Washington D.C. and the region; travel is considered an important part of the position's responsibilities.
- This position is available starting immediately.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in International Affairs, Political Science, International Development or related discipline;
- At least FIVE (5) years of extensive experience in democracy, human rights, and NGO related work;
- In-depth understanding of political issues and trends in Tunisia and the North Africa region;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in Arabic;
- Must have excellent office and computer skills;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Experience developing and facilitating civic engagement and discussion-based public programming.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team and pitch-in on a range of projects.
- Must be US Citizen, permanent resident of the United States, or have legal permit to work in the U.S.
- Starting Salary: Negotiable. Commensurate with experience..
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements, and contact information for three references. Please send to "Radwan A. Masmoudi" at:
with your name and "
Program Officer for Tunisia & North Africa
" in the subject line, as we have multiple positions open).
March 1, 2016.
Only those offered interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.