With so many new opportunities for acupuncture medicine in integrative medical settings such as hospitals, Veteran's care and mixed modality practices, the need for clear inter-professional communication and strong leadership of our current students has never been more important.
Leading the way are CSOMA's Student Directors who hail from well-established careers in allopathic and chiropractic medicine and bring with them amazing insights of how all medical professions can best work together, and how students can help make it happen.
Dr. Goodman-Smith (ACTCM) and Dr. Chin (PCOM) lead a weekly Student Committee comprised of representatives from almost every major acupuncture school in CA.
CSOMA Student Committee has been working on:
- CALE/NCCAOM exam reciprocity
- Increasing student participation in CSOMA/ASA to drive political influence and lobbying power
- Creating more Student Member benefits that help ensure success in school and for new graduates
- Supporting students in attending state & national events (Pacific Symposium, ASA Conference in DC, CSOMA conferences)
CSOMA Student Benefits include:
- CSOMA Scholarships
- Professional networking
- Licensing exam support
- Job listings
- Reduced rates for conference attendance & more
- Join today!