As a follow-up to my
, I have an update to share about CTA service:
Effective 6:30 p.m. tonight, through 6 a.m. tomorrow, all CTA bus and train service will be suspended, including all of the CTA Red and Brown Line stations in our community. Additionally, Chicago Police will be patrolling our community tonight to ensure the safety of our residents and businesses. If you witness any illegal activity, please call 911.
I have sent a robocall to every business in our Ward, advising them to secure their stores if possible. While we do not have specific information, we must be diligent.
It is up to individual businesses whether or not they want to board up their property if it has not been vandalized. Below is a list of companies that can provide this service:
- Cook County Board Up 708-389-3889
- Chicago Board Up Service. 773-338-2500
- Rapid Board Up. 773-997-8770
- A Quality Board Up Services. 773-202-8700
- Triple A All County Board Up. 773-233-4900
- Busy Bee Board Up. 773-501-7705
- Tri-County Board Up. 708-800-6672
Stay well and stay home. We will keep you updated.