Tuesday, May 26
Meditating on the Word
As a follower of Jesus Christ, you would agree that being filled with Good News from God is more essential than being immersed in the news which the world provides. The Good News from God is found in His Word, the Bible. Today and in the coming days you are invited to experience a focused exercise of meditation and reflection on what God wants to communicate to you.
- Slowly read the passage.
- Set a timer for 2 minutes and during that time ask the question: Lord, which word or phrase do you want me to focus on today? You may want to write down the word or phrase. At the end of the 2 minutes (feel free to take longer if God is leading you to do so) proceed to the next step.
- Slowly read the passage again.
- Take another 2 minutes to ask: “Lord is there something more you want to reveal to me through this word or phrase?” You may want to write down what you sense God is revealing.
- For a third time, slowly read the passage.
- Now ask: “Lord, what are you saying to me? What do you want me to know?” You may want to write down what you sense God is saying.
- Conclude with prayer, bringing to the Lord what you sense is His response to these questions. Thank him for His presence with you. Ask him to pour out his love through you today.
Don’t worry about the wicked
or envy those who do wrong.
For like grass, they soon fade away.
Like spring flowers, they soon wither.
Trust in the Lord and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you your heart’s desires.
Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and he will help you.
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:1-7