Click here to translate this message to a different language.
Click here for instructions on how to translate.
Dear CV Cyber Academy Families,
I wanted to start off this week with a thank you to all of the parents, guardians, and students for all of your dedication and hard work to start off this year. At the secondary level, our new platform with Educere has received numerous positive feedback from Cyber Academy families. I know there was an adjustment window from last year's platform to the new platform, but the families of the Cyber Academy have embraced Educere and have adjusted to the different provider. I have also heard that many students have been using the Instant Teacher feature. At the elementary level, students are excelling on their Waterfront Learning platform. I appreciate all the feedback that I have received so far.
As a reminder, our school district is offering Chromebook insurance. We highly recommend this coverage, but it is not required. Insurance is $20 for the year for accidental damage coverage. Families can purchase device insurance at www.one2onerisk.com or visit the Technology page at www.cvsd.net.
With each issue of the Cyber Academy Monday Memo, there will be a section dedicated to each brick-and-mortar building that students would attend if they were in person. In these sections, information will be shared about upcoming events, if applicable. As a Cyber Academy student, students are able to participate in any of the in-person activities.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
*If you need this information translated into your native language,
please contact us with your desired language.
- No announcements this week
- September 29 - PTG Meeting at 7:00 at the IS Cafeteria
- School pictures are scheduled for September 27 with make-ups on October 7. If you are interested in your child having their school photo taken, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 20 to reserve a time.
- Order your yearbook now to save money and guarantee your copy! While it may seem early to be thinking of ordering yearbooks, the cost is the cheapest now and will increase each month or two throughout the year (see expected costs below). Students will bring home an informational flyer during the first week of school. Visit the link to order yours today! Order the 2022-2023 CVMS Yearbook.
Post Secondary Seminar - Juniors, Seniors, and their parents are encouraged to attend a Post-Secondary Planning Seminar on 9/22 at 6:00 pm in the High School Auditorium. School Counselors will be sharing resources about exploring colleges and other post-secondary options, testing updates, applications, recommendation letters, Naviance, and official transcripts.
22-23 Yearbooks - Order your student's copy of the 2022-2023 CVHS Nexus yearbook today! Prices will increase throughout the year, and now is the best time to order to guarantee the lowest price. Yearbooks can be purchased through Jostens and are distributed during the final weeks of school. If you have any questions, please reach out to Mrs. Koons (email@example.com).
Senior Yearbook Photos - Photos are due by Friday, December 2, 2022. Any questions should be directed to Mrs. Koons (firstname.lastname@example.org) Directions for submission are as follows:
Upload your selected image here.
- Please be sure to fill in the Image Information field with your senior's name and grade.
- For the Description field, write "Senior Picture."
- Only one senior photo will appear in the yearbook. If no photo is uploaded, we will print your LifeTouch photo taken during the high school's picture day in September.
- Photo requirements are as follows:
- Head and shoulder shots are preferred
- Portrait orientation (no landscape)
- At least 300 DPI in COLOR
- JPG or TIF file
- No selfies or filters
- No props
- Club Information -
- The GSA Club will have a meeting on Tuesday, September 13th from 2:35-4:00 in room H2709. New members are always welcome!