Join Our List
HCL Detox Kit
HCL Detox Kit (30 day supply) 2 bottles of Premier Betaine HCL, 1 bottle of Premier HCL Activator
$48 plus shipping
What is the Methylation pathway?
Methylation acts as an on/off switch that allows the body to learn how to respond to environmental change. It
represents the only cellular pathway that effects both adaptability and structural integrity of the body. Like the simple water molecule, methyl groups are necessary for life. This pathway is directly related to most major chronic conditions.
There are four areas of cellular biochemistry which effect DNA damage and the aging process: methylation, free-radical damage, glycation and chronic inflammation. These processes are interconnected.
In this next series of newsletters we will explore these factors and begin to understand how we age and how to slow this process down and potentially reverse it.
In this newsletter I will focus on the importance of methylation in activating metabolic functions and supporting profound improvements in health.
Recently I started a methylation boosting program using Betaine HCL and a potassium activator. The benefits have been significant in my energy, sleep quality, detoxification capacity and over all recovery from stress and intense workouts.
If your goal is to have more energy, better quality sleep, clearer thinking, a stronger immune system and more efficient detoxification then increasing your body's methylation levels should be priority number one.
The best part of this program is that its easy to do and very affordable. First let's find out more about methylation and why it is so important for so many functions of the body.
What is methylation?
In simple terms it is a process in which certain chemicals called 'methyl groups' are added to various constituents of proteins, DNA and other molecules. A "methyl" group is simply one carbon connected to three hydrogen atoms. It may be written as CH3 with the 3 being a subscript. These are needed to keep them in good 'working' condition. Methyl groups are the DNA repair crews which are necessary for all metabolic functions to take place.
For example, if the antidepressant, 'feel-good' brain chemical serotonin is not methylated it will become inactive which in turns leads to depression!
This is just one of the many 'chemicals' in the body that need to be methylated and if they are not can lead to serious health consequences.
"Methylation" is not just one specific reaction. There are hundreds of "methylation" reactions in the body.
In general, when some compounds receive a methyl group, this "starts" a reaction (such as turning a gene on or activating an enzyme). When the methyl group is "lost" or removed, the reaction stops (or a gene is turned off or the enzyme is deactivated). Some of the more relevant methylation reactions would be:
1. getting methyl groups "turns on" detox reactions that detox the body of chemicals and heavy metals.
2. getting methyl groups "turns on" serotonin, and thus melatonin, production. Therefore, if you are a under-methylator, you can increase your methylation and have higher more appropriate levels of serotonin and melatonin. This means you may not have to take SSRIs, or may have improved sleep.
3.Probably the most important methylation process is when it is applied to homocysteine, high levels of which are primary causes of cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's, liver disease, depression and aging itself. Low levels of methylation lead to higher levels of homocysteine.
The Awesome Power of Methylation
An insightful article in the Journal of Medical Hypothesis (Vol. 51,pages 179-221, 1998) estimates, at birth, an average of 3% methylation of cytosines. (Cytosines are one of five nitrogen bases used for storing genetic information within a cell.) Each cell would have 90 million methyl groups at birth. Aging, degeneration, degenerative diseases including the ultimate degenerative disease cancer, are markered by loss of methyl groups. Expression of oncogenes (cancer causing genes) and suppression of tumor suppressor genes (anticancer genes) are also markered by loss of methyl groups at the cell.
An average loss of 1800 DNA methyl groups per cell/day limits lifespan to about 65 years. If loss was reduced to 1200 methyl groups per cell/day lifespan could be about 95 years. The richest natural source of biologically available methyl groups is betaine hydrochloride from beets, also known as trimethyl glycine (TMG).
Optimizing methylation is one key component of increasing longevity and the quality of life.
When combined with a rich, natural source of potassium (HCL Activator), these methyl groups can be most easily uptaken by the cell. A recovery of methyl groups can occur with profound effects on overall health, strength, longevity and well-being.
|Foods and supplements to boost Methylation|
The best foods and supplements to boost methylation include:
- Folic Acid, Vitamins B 6 and B 12
- The minerals zinc and selenium
- High quality protein sources of the amino acid methionine such as grass fed meat, liver, free range chicken and eggs, especially the yokes.
- Tri-methyl glycine (TMG) - best food source is beets
- Betaine HCL - beet derived
- SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine)
- 5 HTP
- dark green leafy vegetables like bok choy, kale, collards and spinach
- Cottage Cheese and most important Beets
|HCL Detox program|
What Is the HCL Detox Program?
The HCL Detox Program is a highly effective, inexpensive procedure using beet-derived HCL (hydrochloric acid) taken with potassium-rich HCL Activator (synergist) for daily oral consumption to enhance methylation at the cellular level and thereby dramatically upregulating cellular detoxification.
The benefits of HCL were revealed by medical pioneers in the 1930's. They discovered how outstanding the results were for cleansing all the body's organs and glands. In researching the benefits of HCL, they found that taking HCL alone (orally) often had a poor response. However, when the HCL was combined with specific synergistic activators, they discovered that an amazing whole-body cleansing response was initiated, helping to ignite the immune system's efficiency of response and integrity, even in their worst cases.
They found extensive benefits for many types of concerns, which we now know is due to the process of deacetylation, suppressing undesirable genes and reactivating good genes, which can provide dramatic help for the kidneys, lungs, pancreas, liver, skin, uterus, prostate, bladder, and much, much, more.
During one trial with patients suffering from tuberculosis, researchers discovered that HCL, when combined with a potassium substrate solution, could break down the impervious polysaccharide sac surrounding virulent disease organisms such as tuberculosis -- with almost unfailing resolution of the condition. Today, we know that over 99% of all infections in the body exist in these sacs, which we now call biofilms.
- Highly effective, safe and easy-to-do detox program using a special, natural-source phyto-mineral activation of HCL (hydrochloric acid)
- Promotes immune, gastrointestinal, arterial and whole body cleansing and health
- Promotes purification and deep-cleansing of the lymphatic system, especially congested tissue
- Key rejuvenative support due to its ability to break biofilms and thus reduce load of chronic infections plaguing most people with health challenges.
- Contains trimethylglycine, which helps restore the methyl groups, which become increasingly deficient in the aging process (especially if eating highly heated food)
- Superior anti-aging effects
mycoplasma in darkfield microscope see red blood cell on right with bubbles on it - these are mycoplasma protected by biofilm
For HCL Detox Therapy, natural-source betaine HCL (hydrochloride) is combined with potassium-rich, natural substrates (HCL Activator) that together create a unique, highly ionized complex that is fully capable of
detoxifying and bursting the biofilm sacs (where infectious organisms hide and have become impervious to the immune system).
This allows the immune system (previously locked out) to easily enter the biofilms and successfully attack and kill the virulent micro-organisms.
Directions for HCL DetoxTherapy - Typical Regimen
Start out by taking 1 Betaine HCL and 1 HCL Activator 1 to 3 times daily after meals. After a few days, start taking the HCL combo 2 to 5 times daily after meals and in between meals based on the age/weight considerations below. After 10-20 days, take at least one dose per day for maintenance.
- Individuals between ages 25 and 50 and who weigh 100 - 150 lbs. take 2 Betaine HCL and 1 HCL Activator with at least � cup of water.
- For those between ages 25 and 50 and who weigh 151 - 200 lbs. take 3 to 4 Betaine HCL and 2 HCL Activator with � cup of water. For those still in this age bracket and weigh over 200 lbs. add 1 to 2 capsules of each product for each additional 50 lbs.
- For individuals over age 50 and who weigh between 100 - 150 lbs. take 3 to 4 Betaine HCL and 3 to 4 HCL Activator. For each additional 50 lbs. add 1 Vcap of each.
- For those under age 25 (especially young children and adolescents), be sure to consume adequate amounts of good quality sea salt, at least � teaspoon daily added to food or water. The salt provides the raw material from which hydrochloric acid may be made. For those under age 25, the amount of HCL recommended depends on body size, as well as the amount of sea salt consumed daily, exercise levels and amount of perspiration lost daily.
Do not forget that Methylation is only one important component of a comprehensive anti-aging and regeneration program. There are four key components in protecting DNA and aging successfully, free from degenerative disease.
The others are:
- Free radical damage
- Chronic Inflammation
In my next newsletter we will look at these other factors. To a large degree health is a result of our knowledge and discipline. I hope this newsletter has strengthened your knowledge of the importance of methylation and how to increase this vital process in your body.
James Jordan, JD, CNC, CMTA
Create Vibrant Health