Dear CWC community,
Thank you for your support and involvement during the past year. We never could have predicted the dedication to our virtual programs and services our participants have shown. While our virtual offerings started as a beacon in the storm, we quickly came to understand that they are a robust addition to our programs and services and something to which we remain committed to offering over the long term. For many, however, there is a strong interest to be together again in person and we are equally committed to bringing you back to our building in the coming months.
During the month of May, we transitioned the majority of our staff back to our Center in Northbrook. We have been working hard to make the changes and updates necessary to safely have our participants join us. Over the coming weeks, we will be sending periodic updates related to those programs and services that will be the first to transition. We want to assure you that most in-person offerings will also continue to be offered virtually to minimize barriers to access as best we can.
Following are a few of the guidelines that will be in place for those participants returning to in-person services:
- Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required to participate in person for both indoor and outdoor programs/services. Official proof of vaccination must be provided and added to your participant record prior to your return to the Center.
- Despite the relaxing of mask guidance for vaccinated individuals in the community, the Cancer Wellness Center abides by the standards set forth for healthcare facilities and, as such, masking will continue to be required until the time when the CDC changes these guidelines.
- You will be required to sign an additional waiver and consent specific to COVID-19 prior to your return to the Center.
- Because the number of individuals participating in person at any given time will be limited due to capacity regulations, we need to implement stricter reservation and cancellation policies and ask for your commitment of adherence to these guidelines.
- Individuals entering the Center must have an appointment. No walk-ins will be allowed at this time. To make an appointment, please call the Center at (847)509-9595.
As CDC guidelines change, we will revisit the Center's policies and adjust them as needed. Please visit our website, www.cancerwellness.org for the most up to date information on guidelines and services.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions, concerns, or further needs. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.