Important Information About the
Skyward Family Access Center
Secure Online Portal Will Add a New Layer of Educational Transparency for Families & Learners
We are excited to announce that Skyward's Family Access Center is now open for the 2016-2017 school year. This new tool will help you monitor and participate in your child's education while staying in touch with your child's teachers, school and district.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT TO FIND?
In the Skyward Family Access Center, you will be able to view the following important information regarding your child's educational experience in Central York School District:
- Grades (Grades 7-12 Only in 2016-2017)
- CalendarsUpcoming Assignments
- Messages from your child's school & teachers
- Class Schedules
- Attendance Records
- Food Services Information/Balances
- Access to Schoology
- A Place to Manage your Emergency Phone/Email Contact Information
It is easy to register for this service, and instructions are included below to help you get started. Should you need assistance, or have any questions, please contact (717) 846-6789, ext. 1297 or email email@example.com. In addition, please visit our website,www.cysd.k12.pa.us and click on the "Skyward Family Access Center" button on the homepage for more tips, resources and helpful hints on making the most of your Skyward Family Access Center Experience.
SETTING UP YOUR SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS ACCOUNT
The Family Access Center will open during the afternoon of Wednesday, August 24, 2016. Instructions on how to set up your access, as well as other information, will be sent home with all K-6 students, and emailed to ALL K-12 parents/guardians.
The steps for setting up your access are listed, below, for your reference.
1)You will receive an email at the address we have on file for you. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject will be "Family Access Account Information."
2)The email will contain a link that you will be asked to click on to reset your password. This is a security measure that allows you to control your email address and password settings. Enter your email address and click submit.
3)You will receive a message telling you that an email has been sent to you. Go to your email and open the message. It will be from email@example.com and the subject will be "Forgotten Login/Password Assistance."
4)The email will contain your Family Access User Name and a link to set up your password. Click the link and you will see a new screen where you can enter and confirm your password.
5)Once you have completed this step, you will be directed to a main Log In screen for Skyward.If you are not redirected, go to http://skyward.centralyork.org. Enter your user name and password in the fields provided and click the "Sign In" button beneath those fields to enter the secure Family Access Center Portal.
Should you need assistance, or have any questions, please contact (717) 846-6789, ext. 1297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE TO GO FOR HELP
Central York School District has established a dedicated phone extension and email address for parents/guardians in need of assistance with registering for Family Access in Skyward. Should you need assistance, or have any questions, please contact (717) 846-6789, ext. 1297 or email email@example.com.
Teacher In-Service Half-Day, Labor Day Holiday
Central York School District will dismiss students early Friday, September 2, 2016, for a Teacher In-Service Half-Day. Secondary students (7-12) will be dismissed at 11:30AM. Elementary students will be dismissed at 12:30PM. Buses will run as normally scheduled.
There will be NO SCHOOL and ALL DISTRICT OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED Monday, September 5, in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
School Pictures Coming Soon
Check the list below for your school dates
Central York School District School Pictures for 2016-2017 are scheduled for the following dates. A make-up picture day will be scheduled and announced when the first round of school pictures is completed.
- Thursday, September 1 - School Pictures for Hayshire & Stony Brook
- Friday, September 2 - School Pictures for Central York High School
- Thursday, September 8 - School Pictures for Sinking Springs
- Friday, September 9 - School Pictures for North Hills & Roundtown
- Friday, September 16 - School Pictures for Central York Middle School
Picture forms will be sent home with students. If you do not receive a form, or have additional questions, please contact your school office.
Apply Online for Free/Reduced School Meals
Apply Anytime for this National Program
Central York School District participates in the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program. Students from families who qualify (under federal guidelines) will receive lunches and breakfasts free or at a reduced cost. In addition, qualifying Kindergarten students will receive free milk at snack time.
Applications may be filed at any time throughout the school year for any family experiencing net income changes. All information is confidential; discrimination is not permitted in accordance with district, state and federal requirements. New applications must be submitted annually. Applications are also available in all school buildings for families who do not have access to a computer or the Internet at home.
Parents/guardians may complete the application via the link below.
Annual Notices for Parents/Guardians
Visit the District Website to Review
Central York School District provides Annual Notices for Parents/Guardians via the District website, www.cysd.k12.pa.us. We invite parents and guardians of students to review these online.
Please do not hesitate to contact your school principal with any questions or concerns abut the information contained in these notices.
The following notices are available:
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act
- Child Find (Annual Notice of Special Education Services)
- Child Nutrition Programs
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- McKinney Vento Homeless Act
- Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment
- Title IX Notice of Non-Discrimination
To view the Annual Notices for Parents/Guardians, please click here.
Athletic Boosters Club Needs Volunteers
Officers, Members Needed for 2016-2017
Central York Athletic Boosters provide support to students and families participating in the District's many school-sponsored athletic programs. The Boosters are volunteers who give their time to support our student athletes, coaches and families.
The Central York Athletic Boosters is in need of volunteers and officers for the 2016-2017 school year. If anyone is interested in serving in one of the following roles, please contact the Boosters immediately. The open positions are:
Member at Large and
Season Athletics Tickets On Sale Now
Tickets for First Home Game On Sale 8.31/9.1
Central York School District is now selling season tickets for high school athletics. Tickets may be purchased online, via the following link:
. They will also be sold at the first game.
Tickets for the first Central York High School home football game will be on sale in the High School Atrium from 10:30AM to 1PM Wednesday, August 31, and Thursday, September 1. Tickets will also be on sale before the game beginning at 5PM Friday, September 2, when the gates open. The first home game will be played against West York Area High School.
Where to Find Community Flyers
District Posts All Flyers Online
2016-2017 CYSD Calendar of Activities & Events Now Available Online
As a cost-savings measure, the district no longer prints and mails copies of this
to all families.
Instead, we have provided a full,
downloadable PDF version
for your use.
Copies are available upon request for families of students or community members without Internet access. Please contact the Educational Service Center for assistance obtaining a copy at (717) 846-6789, ext. 1212.
NEW FEE INFORMATION FOR CENTRAL YORK FITNESS CENTER MEMBERS
Central York School District has offered community members use of its
without charge since the new high school opened in August 2005.
The center is equipped with cardio equipment, including treadmills, elliptical fitness machines, rowing machines and stationary exercise bikes, along with weightlifting equipment. There is always a staff person to assist any person who needs it.
There are, however, annual expenses associated with maintaining the center's equipment - and providing a staff person to be on site during the center's hours of operation.
The Board of School Directors recently approved a new Fitness Center fee to offset these costs. Beginning this July, Fitness Center users will be charged a nominal monthly fee for usage.
The new fee of $6/month or $60/annually for residents and $10/month or $100/annually for nonresidents is competitive with other fitness facility fees throughout York County. The fee will took effect July 1, 2016.
To purchase a Fitness Center Membership online,
please click here to visit the CYSD Web Store.
FALL 2016 COMMUNITY/ADULT EDUCATION BROCHURE NOW ONLINE
Please note - Ballroom 5 will begin September 1, not September 8, and there will be no class on September 15.
If you need assistance, or cannot register online, please contact Mrs. Linda Tross at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 846-6789, ext. 1206.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
Please note the following important information for any individual interested in volunteering in Central York School District during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Returning parent volunteers with current clearances can re-register as a volunteer for the 2016/2017 school year through the new CYSD Volunteer portal. Please note, if the effective date on your clearances is less than five years old, you have current clearances. The system will notify you if you attempt to re-register online and have expired clearances. If that is the case, you will need to re-register in person at the ESC with your new clearance(s) per the instructions below for returning parent volunteers with expired clearances.
- Returning parent volunteers with expired clearances will complete a Registration Packet, which can be downloaded online or picked up at any school office or the Educational Service Center. Please bring your completed registration packet, clearances, and your state-issued photo I.D. or driver's license, to the Educational Service Center to complete the Volunteer Registration process.
- New parent volunteers will complete a Registration Packet, which can be downloaded online or picked up at any school office or the Educational Service Center. Please bring your completed registration packet, clearances, and your state-issued photo I.D. or driver's license, to the Educational Service Center to complete the Volunteer Registration process.
- Upon completion of the registration process (whether online or in person at the ESC), volunteers will be entered into the District's Volunteer database and will receive a Volunteer Badge for the new school year.
- All Athletic Volunteers will require School Board approval before serving. If you wish to serve as an Athletic Volunteer, please contact our Athletic Director to begin the Athletic Volunteer registration process. Please note that returning Athletic Volunteers are not able to re-register through the new online portal.