Dear CalOptima Community Partners,
Thank you for your commitment to serving CalOptima members. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) has created an unprecedented challenge to our health care community, and your dedication will be essential in helping Orange County get through this difficult time. We sincerely appreciate the effort and focus you are undoubtedly bringing to your work. Below is an update on CalOptima’s response to COVID-19 and information about your interactions with our employees and members.
1) Employee work accommodations: First and foremost, we are working to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our workplace and the community. CalOptima has provided detailed instructions to staff on the conditions requiring them to take time off or transition to temporary telework. We are also adjusting the roles of staff who interact with community-based organizations. To limit staff exposure, we are transitioning functions that were previously conducted in the community, such as trainings or presentations, to now be completed by phone calls or virtual formats. Thank you for your flexibility.
2) CalOptima’s administration building: Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, we are not encouraging members, providers, vendors and community partners to come to CalOptima's building. We plan to conduct business over the telephone or through other alternative means when possible. However, the building will remain open to employees who have not transitioned to temporary telework, and all building cleaning protocols will be strengthened.
3) Meetings: Until further notice, CalOptima is modifying both our internal and external meeting protocols. We will minimize the size of in-person internal meetings and require a remote option for attendance. Meetings that typically involve external visitors to CalOptima will be modified to a virtual format or cancelled, where appropriate and feasible. This includes events such as Member Advisory Committee and others. If you regularly attend CalOptima meetings, please watch for email communications regarding modifications to format or schedule.
4) CalOptima-hosted events: CalOptima-hosted events will be cancelled through the end of April. At a minimum, this includes the March 14 and April 4 OneCare Connect outreach and retention events, and the March 27 Community Resource Fair.
5) COVID-19 resources: CalOptima has posted information for members and providers on our website
. We also recommend referencing the local Orange County Health Care Agency information
CalOptima is working diligently on COVID-19 and will provide updates on an ongoing basis. We are closely following all local, state and federal guidelines in an effort to protect staff while continuing to partner with you to fulfill our mission to provide access to quality care for members. Again, we appreciate your dedication and flexibility as we work together to respond to this evolving situation.