Noridian / Medicare Notices
New Medicare Card effective 1/1/20
1. New Medicare Card: Claims Will Reject After January 1:
Starting January 1, 2020, suppliers must use Medicare Beneficiary Identifiers (MBIs) when billing Medicare regardless of the date of service. Do not wait. Protect your beneficiaries' identities by using MBIs now for all Medicare transactions.
Need an MBI?
- Ask your beneficiaries for their cards.
- Use Noridian's MBI Look-up tool. Sign up for the Noridian Medicare Portal to use this tool.
- Check the remittance advice. Noridian returns the MBI on the remittance advice for every claim with a valid and active HICN.
2. Ask the Contractor Teleconference- November 14, 2019:
The Noridian Provider Outreach and Education (POE) staff is hosting an Ask the Contractor Teleconference (ACT) on November 14, 2019 2 p.m. ET.
This event includes:
- Opportunity for suppliers to ask questions aloud and/or in writing
- Receive responses from multiple departments within Noridian
- Receive updates on Medicare changes and opportunities for DMEPOS education
To register for this call and other events of interest, visit the Noridian
Schedule of Events
3. Denial Code Resolution Tool:
Do you have a denied claim, unsure of what the denial code means, and wonder if or how it can be corrected?
Suppliers are encouraged to visit the
Denial Code Resolution
webpage to access various Reason and Remark Code related webpages that include common reasons for the denial, the appropriate next step (resubmit claim, request reopening or redetermination), and how to avoid the same denial in the future.
December 3 - 7, 2019
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111
SHORT COURSE TOPICS
Ovarian Epithelial Tumors
Bone & Soft Tissue
Artificial Intelligence in Pathology
Tutorials, Case Studies and more!