2020 California Immunization Coalition Summit
A Healthier Future Is In Sight 2020
June 9-10, 2020
Call for Abstract Submissions
Submission Deadline: February 3, 2020
The California Immunization Coalition is seeking abstract submissions for w
orkshop sessions at the
2020 CIC Summit on June 9-10, 2020 in
s annual meeting brings together a wide range of immunization partners from throughout California and beyond to share ideas, discuss issues and learn from one another. Workshops are approximately 60 minutes in length with typically two speakers per session, each presenting for about 20 minutes. Workshop sessions will be held on June 10th of the Summit.
Goals for the 2019 Summit:
- Provide support and technical assistance to enhance existing education, communication, and outreach efforts
- Share successful strategies and best practices to strengthen local and statewide advocacy efforts
- Review new recommendations, issues and trends in immunizations and vaccine-preventable diseases
- Disseminate innovative approaches to promote and deliver
The planning team seeks presentation abstracts that can illustrate and support the following focus areas:
- immunizations across the lifespan
- Specific Populations: Programs and interventions that are tailored to reach specific populations (e.g., educational settings, pharmacies, workplaces, geography, age, race/ethnicity, risk, etc.)
- Tools and Strategies: Development and implementation of effective tools, techniques and strategies to improve immunization rates (e.g., training, education, operations, outreach, vaccine storage and handling, etc.)
- State and Local Advocacy: Projects that support state and local advocacy on vaccine issues, or improve skills in program planning, policy development, and promotion of legislation
- Registries and IT Systems: How registries or other IT systems can be utilized to increase immunization rates
- Engaging Partners: Innovative approaches used by local immunization coalitions or advocacy groups to engage partners and/or promote immunizations
- Media: Creative methods using both social and traditional media to promote vaccination
- Clinical: Clinical updates regarding vaccines and vaccine-preventable diseases
- Other: Don't feel limited to the categories above. Tell us what you are doing and how it worked.
ow to submit an abstract:
Who should submit an abstract?
Abstracts are encouraged from all disciplines, including coalition members, immunization program staff, community-based organizations, health care providers, government and non-government agencies, health communications specialists and others interested in immunization issues. Please note that CIC is unable to provide travel funding or waive Summit registration fees for presenters. For more information about the 2020 Summit, please visit the California Immunization Coalition website, https://www.immunizeca.org/summit-2020/.
Kamrynn Saylor with any questions.
All abstracts submitted will be acknowledged, and the Summit Planning Committee will reply to primary authors by
March 2, 2020.