The 2023 Summer Conference sessions will focus on partnerships at the regional/local level involving a PDC/RC, local government and a funding partner or partners. There probably are many examples where a PDC/RC or funder works with a member/local government, local or regional agency or a non-profit while utilizing state or federal funding to address a community or regional need. We want to hear about them!
Many of these are in the areas that represent critical regional needs, such as affordable housing/housing affordability, transportation, broadband, infrastructure and others. Providing affordable units, proposing more effective transportation alternatives, expanding broadband access…..these all are example of operational excellence that are moving the needle toward better communities.
For the 2023 Summer Conference, we want to hear about them!
Benefits of speaking:
- Opportunity to educate like-minded professionals on relevant topics
- Exposure through conference website and promotional communications
- Networking with an audience of local, regional and state officials
The VAPDC will use a peer review process to select successful abstracts, and reserves the right to determine sessions, speakers and scheduling.
- Exemplify the importance of projects involving, and funding streams for affordable housing; transportation; broadband; opioids; water/sewer infrastructure; and resiliency
- Offer unique, though provoking, and relevant content
- Show that the abstract has been tailored to the needs of this conference – not a boilerplate submission
- Have strong learning objectives and takeaways
- Demonstrate expertise and experience of proposed speaker(s)
- Utilize PDC representatives, partners and funders as co-presenters
All submissions should include the following:
- Session Title
Classification (housing; transportation; broadband; opioids: water/sewer infrastructure; resiliency)
Speaker Information (Name, Company, Title, no more than 75-word bio)
Session Description (100-word limit; this information will used in conference materials and should grab the audience’s attention.)
Format (panel, presentation/lecture, case study, etc.)
- Learner Objectives (up to three anticipated outcomes)
- Abstract (150-300-words: value proposition for the 2023 VAPDC Summer Conference audience)
Previous Presentations, if any (Has this session been previously presented?)
Please forward your submissions to David Blount (email@example.com) by March 31. For questions about form completion or online submission,
please contact David Blount.