On behalf of ANAC, I invite you to
submit an abstract
and be a part of the world's leading conference for nurses and others involved in HIV/AIDS care and related co-morbidities.
ANAC seeks abstracts for oral concurrent sessions, symposia, posters and roundtables. Authors are invited to submit abstracts that relate to the following conference objectives:
1. Analyze strategies to advocate for advancements in HIV/AIDS care and prevention within the current policy environment
2. Discuss innovative biomedical, psychosocial and behavioral research on HIV with an emphasis on:
- Self-management strategies
- End of life and palliative care
- Prevention and wellness
- Technological modalities
- Social determinants
- Intervention strategies that impact disparities in HIV incidence and health outcomes
3. Evaluate the global impact of nurses and other healthcare professionals in addressing HIV prevention and care, health disparities, HIV risk and social determinants of health
4. Demonstrate an enhanced ability to care for key populations at risk for HIV acquisition, living with or affected by HIV and related co-morbidities
5. Increase capacity of nurses and other healthcare professionals to identify, treat and care for individuals at risk for and/or living with viral hepatitis
ANAC accepts abstracts in each of the following categories:
- Education and administration
- Policy and advocacy
ANAC2019 will focus on nursing leadership, public policy, current biomedical, psychosocial and behavioral research, health disparities and risk, and the enhancement of our ability to care for our most vulnerable populations.
Abstracts will be accepted until April 15. The deadline will NOT be extended. View the submission instructions here.
To simplify the abstract submission process, completing paperwork for continuing education will only be required if your abstract is accepted for presentation. We will be hosting a live webinar to help with the submission process and answer your questions on March 12, 2019 at 1 p.m., EST. Register.
I encourage you to
submit an abstract
As you know, the heart and soul of ANAC's conference are the presentations by our members and colleagues. I know that our members are doing great work every day, and we all have knowledge, skills and experiences that we can share. ANAC's conference is a remarkable venue in which to showcase your important work. Please share this with your colleagues and encourage them to submit their work as well.
C. Ann Gakumo, PhD, RN
Chair, Research Committee