With the provincial election taking place on June 2, we invite you to contact the candidates in your riding and share your experience of delivering mental health services and barriers you experience.
The Association is sharing the following key messages that we welcome your support in sharing with any and all candidates.:
- HST exemption for Registered Psychotherapists;
- Removal of barriers to care; and,
- Maintenance of Master’s Degree class of registration with CPO to ensure availability of care for all Ontarians.
These actions can create increased accessibility to mental health care in Ontario.
What do we think is good for Ontario’s mental healthcare?
Our position is that accessibility requires affordability and availability of care. We want:
- HST exemption for RPs on the election agenda.
- Improved access to care – financially (HST), through publicly funded programs, and by ensuring the Master’s Degree class of registration with CPO continues.
- The sitting government to support removing barriers to access.
- The opposition to support removing barriers to access.
- All candidates to know that supporting us means votes!
Send a Letter
We have drafted a sample letter that encourages government parties to add this issue to their election platform. The letter details the issues and calls for their support. It is a template and we encourage you to make it your own as you reach out to your local candidates.