Prayer Through The Ages
Show us, O God of mercy, that no sin is so great that it cannot be confessed; no wound so deep it cannot be healed, and no sinner so lost that grace cannot bring them home. Amen.
William Booth (1829-1912)
Our Prayers and Prayer Requests
Gracious God, whose loving kindness has no limits, Lord, we praise you for we know our times are in your Hand and you are with us! You inhabit the praises of Your people, and so we pray…
Teach us afresh the way of Christ.
- Where we have felt discouraged, renew us through signs of hope;
- where we have been tempted to give up, grant us strength and faith to face the day;
- where we have grown anxious about the future, give us courage to plant the seeds of tomorrow in acts of radical love today.
- Renew us by your Spirit and set us free to serve you so that the whole of creation may rejoice in your name.
For the many who have recovered from Covid19. For doctors and scientists diligently working to heal the sick.
For all leaders seeking to bring safety to their citizens and for all people who are heeding the guidelines, regulations, and sheltering in place.
For all persons on the frontlines, especially Alayne Snyder, Dr Johnny and Riny Kovoor. and Erik Lindholm who are risking their lives to help those who are sick and dying
For friends who have moved afar but are still close in our hearts: Marilyn Van Tine, Pauline and Marty Bluver and their entire family and Erna Burton.
For the Reinhardt family, Sophia Kovoor, Sean Hitch, Kathy and Mike Weinlein and all of our friends who call Valhalla home but are scattered to other states and around the world at the present time.
Secure in the knowledge that You never forsake us or leave us, we ask for Your…
- Guidance for parents, children, youth and teachers adjusting to new ways of learning.
- Healing and restoration for all who are sick or infected by the virus or carrying it.
- Protection for the vulnerable the elderly, the poor, those with health issues and all who are essential for the meeting of our primary needs.
- Provision for all needed medical supplies and stamina and strength for all personnel.
- Blessing on our church and all churches, pastors, staff, and congregations as we offer your Love and Grace to all and to receive the financial support to do so.
- Holy Spirit move among us and through us to find new opportunities to be your faithful disciples and spread the love of Jesus Christ in the world.
We offer our thanks and praise that You are with us, we are not alone!
O Christ, let us hold fast to your love, embrace your Cross and honor your name. Let conviction mark our speech, courage our life and patience our faith; for your own name’s sake. Amen.