Good afternoon Chamber Members,
The Callaway Chamber of Commerce is now open by appointment only. Thank you in advance for your patience as we iron out our processes to have the doors open full time. The Chamber team is available to you, our members, and are willing to meet with you. Please contact us at the Chamber at 573-642-3055 or by email.
As many of you may have seen, during Justis' time working from home, she worked to design and launch a new Chamber website. The new site launched on Wednesday the 8th. The new site has COVID-19 resources (including the CARES Act application and information), quick buttons to access job postings, press releases, and hot deals, and also has easy access to each individual member portal so they can update business info or post one of the items above! We also want to give a special thanks to Crane's Country Store for being our first sponsor for the website! You can see their logo on our homepage. Check out the new site here!
The second round of CARES Act funding is now closed, however round one is still open. To download your application or get more information regarding round one, please visit our website
The Fulton Area Development Foundation, sister organization to the Chamber and economic arm for Callaway County, has been allotted CARES Act funding to provide Small Business Recovery Grants. All businesses in Callaway County should have received a copy of the application, however, if you did not, please visit out site
for the application.
The dealine for these applications is 4PM on Friday, August 7th to the Chamber office mail box.
Additionally, Missouri has announced they will also be offering Small Business grants of up to $50,000 to Missouri businesses. Rob Dixon, Director of the Missouri Department of Economic Development announced $30 million in grant funds for small businesses, $20 million grants funds for manufacturing retooling to produce PPE and $7.5 million for family-owned farms and family farm corporations. This funding is directly from Missouri’s appropriated CARES Act Funding.
- Grants are for businesses with 50 or less employees
- Maximum amount of $50,000
- On-line applications will be accepted beginning Wednesday, July 15th
UPCOMING CHAMBER EVENTS
Also, as you know, we have also officially launched the MoAMP program. However, we need 14 participants to launch the program. We are currently half way there. The goal is to launch this month, so please help us get 7 more individuals to sign up for this FREE training. Please pass this along to anyone who may benefit from additional training to help them exceed in the workplace and help strengthen our workforce and make this happen in Callaway County! Those who want to schedule an appointment should call the Chamber office at 573.642.3055.
BUSINESS AFTER HOURS AND BUSINESS BREAKFAST NEWS
Big thanks to the Public Administrator's Office with Karen Digh Allen & Maupin Funeral Home, for hosting this month's Business Breakfast! I was a great morning filled with networking and great breakfast! We appreciate all that came out despite the light rain!
And special thanks to
for being our Business Breakfast Giveaway Sponsor! Central Bank has donated up to $500 in a money giveaway for attending the breakfasts. Each Business Breakfast we pull a name and if that person is in attendance, they win the cash! The name pulled out of the pot this month was Nathan Real. Nathan was not present so the pot will be $100 for the next Business Breakfast!
Please note: the Business Breakfast and Business After Hours for August have been cancelled.
Thank you to our members who have signed up to sponsor this year's golf tournament and the Chamber's first big event since the shut down! We were excited to see our members and network with businesses on the very warm July day!
And special thanks to our amazing volunteers who helped us set up, drive beverage carts, hand out prizes, and so much more! Your hard work make our events possible.
- City of Fulton, Community Partner Sponsor
- Debo Funeral Homes, Shirt Sponsor
- Fulton Medical Center, Hat Sponsor, Hole Sponsor
- The Callaway Bank, Beverage Cart Sponsor
- PFS Brands, Breakfast Sponsor
- Farmer's Insurance Agency - Christopher Scott, Cart Sponsor
- Westminster College, Cart Sponsor
- Columbia Print & Sign, Sign Sponsor
- Scheppers Distributing, Beer Sponsor
- Fetchel Distribution, Beer Sponsor
- Village of Kingdom City, Hole Sponsor
- Mid America Precast, Hole Sponsor
- Callaway Electric Cooperative, Hole Sponsor
- Graham Insurance Agency, Hole Sponsor
- Dollar General Distribution Center, Hole Sponsor
- Moser's Foods, Hole & Water Sponsor
- Edward Jones - Fulton, Hole Sponsor
- Central Bank, Hole Sponsor
- ServiceMaster of Columbia, Hole Sponsor
- David Shively, CPA, Hole Sponsor
- United Credit Union, Hole Sponsor
- Young's Welding & Hatton Vermeer Sales, Hole Sponsors
- IMS, Hole Sponsor
- State Technical College of Missouri, Hole Sponsor
- Ohana Pizzeria, Hole Sponsor
- Ameren Missouri, Raffle Donation
- Our House, Raffle Donation
Tamara Tateosian, Executive Director