Dine-In Procedure and Guidelines
Housing and Dining Services, in consultation with the campus medical director and in consideration of CDC guidelines for eating establishments, offers limited dine-in options in Kramer and Van Zile dining centers.
Simply put, students have the option to eat their carry-out meal in the designated dining area when space is available. All guidelines pertaining to face coverings, social distancing, and quarantine/isolation apply. Dining center entry and food service procedures are the same for dine-in and carry-out options, i.e., one clamshell and beverage trip is permitted per entry.
Students who wish to eat inside the dining centers must adhere to the following guidelines. Those who fail to do so will be documented for a review of a possible policy violation. Repeated violations will result in termination of the dine-in option for all.
Establish a “family group” of students to eat with. You are encouraged to eat with the same group of four or less for each meal.
- Keep your mask on until you are seated and begin to eat. Once you have finished eating, put your mask back on until the others in your party are finished and you exit the dining center.
- Tables have been spaced 6 feet apart and marked to show where you may sit. Eat only at these spots.
- Leave all tables and chairs as originally placed. Do not rearrange.
- Limit your meal to 30 minutes in order to accommodate other students wanting to dine inside.
- When you’ve finished, sanitize the table using the supplies available in the dining areas.
- Dispose of your trash in the waste receptacles provided as you leave the dining center.