Over the last three days, several residential students living in South Hall have tested positive for COVID-19. This has resulted in additional students having to quarantine due to exposure to those students who tested positive. We are currently in the process of testing all South Hall residents.
From Monday 3/1 to Friday 3/5, the following courses will be offered in a remote format only:
- General Biology (lecture/labs)
- General Chemistry (lecture/labs)
- Principles of Communication
- Modern World
- Introduction to Public Health
- Introduction to Sociology
- Public Speaking
- Scientific Reasoning and Analysis II
All first-year classes will be remote next week. If you are not a first year, but enrolled in one of the classes listed above, you too must take these classes remotely. No first-year student should be attending any class in-person during the upcoming week even if they have a class that is not on the above list. If you have any questions, please contact your program director.
No Visitors Permitted in South Hall Until 3/8
Starting immediately, students living in South Hall will not be permitted to have visitors in their rooms until Monday 3/8. All other residence halls are still allowed to have visitors. As a reminder, all visitors must wear masks while in the residence halls, including in rooms and suites.
Dining Hall is Take-Out Only Until 3/8
Beginning Sunday 2/28 at breakfast, Robison Dining Hall in the Gozzo Student Center will provide take-out only until Monday 3/8. You will still have all of your normal options, but will not be permitted to eat in the dining hall.
Critical We All Follow Health and Safety Protocols
We all must follow these health and safety protocols:
- Wear a face covering at all times; only exception is for students sharing the same room, suite or apartment or employee alone in their office.
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart from people) at all times, including during lecture and lab sessions.
- Stay home if you have symptoms (i.e., sore throat, stuffy nose, headache) and schedule a test immediately using your daily ShareMy.Health screener.
- Report any illness or exposure to COVIDTesting@acphs.edu.
I understand that many of us are experiencing pandemic fatigue, but we cannot lower our guard at this stage. We must each do our part to protect our ACPHS community.