CAN YOU BQ? - THE NEWEST MCMILLAN CALCULATOR FOR BOSTON HOPEFULS
Qualifying for the Boston Marathon is the Holy Grail for many runners. To help runners on their quest, I've created a new tool called the "Can You BQ?" calculator.
Using the Can You BQ? calculator allows you to see what race times you need to achieve at other distances to predict that you can run your Boston Qualifying Time. This is the first step I use when coaching an athlete to Boston and can be very helpful in evaluating your chances of qualifying in your next marathon.
Can You BQ? goes even further though and calculates how much improvement you will need to meet your Boston Qualifying time based on your age and gender and current marathon performance level.
We've even created a cool "BQ yard stick" graphic. This simple red, orange, green graphic quickly shows the likelihood of a BQ at your next marathon. Using our research from thousands of McMillan-trained runners who have qualified for Boston, we can accurately evaluate your chances of a BQ and have even put together training and racing resources from our site that can help you as you make your assault on a BQ.
Put together, all of this information helps you on your journey to a BQ. I've been using this system for years and find it invaluable in helping runners hone in their training and racing as they work toward Boston. Now, I'm making it available to you as the Can You BQ? calculator.
Can You BQ? is part of McMillan PRO - a suite of training and racing tools that includes recommended workouts, race pace training, a nutritional calculator, my treadmill workouts, the heat adjustment calculator, running form and core training videos for runners. Subscribe today to enjoy these along with the new Can You BQ? calculator.
Join the McMillan BQ List!
Qualifying for Boston is a huge milestone that the McMillan Team is thrilled to help so many achieve. Congrats to all who have qualified for the 2014 or 2015 Boston Marathon!
- Greg McMillan, 3:07:37, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Ian Torrence, 2:59:32, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Steven Bothe, 2:57:51, 2013, Publix Georgia Marathon
- Dave Scheibel, 3:05:36, 2013, Skagit Flats Marathon
- Guillaume Chanfreau, 3:00:53, 2013, OC Marathon
- Merry Dearmon, 3:12:53, 2013, Phoenix Marathon
- Linda Malarkey, 3:34:48, 2013, Two Rivers Marathon
- Jim Micheels, 3:07:53, 2013, Lehigh Marathon
- Lori Bogert, 3:51:21, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Sean Peicheff, 3:07:17, 2013, Ottawa Marathon
- Mary Arnold, 3:31:21, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Gina Junkermann, 3:32:15, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Stephen Itano, 3:20, 2013, Healdsburg Marathon
- Miguel Almeida, 2:57:13, 2012, Chicago Marathon
- Patrick Helgerman, 3:14:21, 2013, Erie Presque Isle
- Tom Silva, 3:07:48, 2012, Glass City Marathon
- Sandy Minor McKay, 3:52:12, 2012, Chicago Marathon
- Chris Kennan, 3:49:16, 2013, New Jersey Marathon
- Michael Chico, 3:10:18, 2013, Illinois Marathon
- Caitlin Norton, 3:40:57, 2012, CIM
- Anne Cottrell, 3:04:37, 2013, Ottawa Marathon
- Barbara Haney, 3:45, 2013, Charleston Marathon
- Constance Wannamaker, 3:34:41, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Scott McCann, 2:58:27, 2012, Wineglass Marathon
- Brendan Adams, 2:59:57, 2013, Pocatello Marathon
- Eric Beard, 3:32:40, 2012, Toronto Waterfront Marathon
- Terry McManus, 3:16:29, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Jim Byrne, 3:12:23, 2013, Calgary Marathon
- Roy Coley, 3:11:26, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Charles Shapiro, 3:22:07, 2012, Marine Corps Marathon
- Benoit D�riger, 2:59:13, 2013, Ottawa Marathon
- Natt Reifler, 3:14:24, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Rob Flowers, 3:24:04, 2012, Wineglass Marathon
- Terri Kirkman, 3:27:02, 2013, Warner Robbins Marathon
- Amy Roe, 3:41:27, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Chrissie James Blevins, 3:32, 2013, Erie Presque Isle
- Jim Phelan, 3:09:01, 2012, Dublin Marathon
- Jennifer Darnell, 3:37:19, 2013, The Boston Marathon
- Rob Scherff, 3:22:49, 2012, Fox Cities Marathon
- Joseph Bojarski, 3:17:09, 2013, Glass City Marathon
- Bruce Gilbert, 3:26:29, 2013, Garmin Oz Marathon
Did you use McMillan Running to BQ for 2014 or 2015 and don't see your name?
We want to know about it! Comment on Facebook or send an email to email@example.com
to be added to the ever-growing McMillan BQ List!