On August 5th, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order #2020-192. Here is a link to the order
, and details are below:
Section 1, changes Section 3C of EO-68, which deals with restaurants and bars, among others, which previously read as:
The Department of Business and Professional Regulation shall ensure all restaurants implement employee screening and prohibit any employee from entering the restaurant premises if they meet any of the criteria listed below:
- Any person infected with COVID-19 who has not had two consecutive negative test results separated by 24 hours;
- Any person showing, presenting signs or symptoms of, or disclosing the presence of a respiratory infection, including cough, fever, shortness of breath or sore throat;
- Any person who has been in contact with any person(s) known to be infected with COVID-19, who has not yet tested negative for COVID-19 within the past 14 days;
- Any person who traveled through any airport within the past 14 days; or
- Any person who traveled on a cruise ship within the past 14 days.
And has amended that Section to read as:
The Department of Business and Professional Regulation shall ensure all restaurants implement employee screening protocols pursuant to guidance developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Section 2 of the order, rescinds Section 3 of EO-20-139, which reads as follows:
Additional Requirements for Certain Individuals Traveling to Florida Executive Orders 20-80 (Airport Screening and Isolation) and 20-82 (Isolation of Individuals Traveling to Florida) are extended with exceptions for persons involved in commercial activity and students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training and any other activity or program approved by the educational institution. This order supersedes Executive Order 20-86.