Dear Care and Share Partner Agency,
To keep our partner agencies, volunteers, and staff safe while providing food to our neighbors in need during this critical time, Care and Share leadership has made updates to the agency order pick-up and shopping process and agency closures.
Care and Share is suspending Agency Shopping in the Colorado Springs and Pueblo distribution centers until further notice. We are implementing alternative measures so agencies may continue to pick up food:
- If your agency has a pick-up appointment, please arrive at the scheduled time and plan to pick up Agency Express orders from our loading docks.
- Care and Share will have an assortment of perishable produce available for pick-up in lieu of Agency Shopping. To order assorted perishable produce, please email your Regional Manager with your Agency Express order number and the number of pounds of produce your agency would like to pick up. Please make your request to your Regional Manager at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- Agency orders will be prepped and labeled with your agency name on pallets in the loading dock area. Our staff will be available to forklift load into your vehicle.
- To minimize contact, we will have a table on the loading dock with invoices on clipboards for you to sign confirming receipt of food.
- Because of the large number of agencies we serve, we anticipate increased traffic through our loading docks. Please support our efforts by being on time for your pick-up appointments.
Care and Share fully supports each agency’s decision to close as needed during this time. If your agency chooses to close:
- Please notify your Regional Manager immediately.
- Any Agency Express open orders and/or any TEFAP food allocations on orders will be reallocated to other agencies and community organizations that are remaining open to provide for neighbors in need.
As the situation continues to evolve, we will share updates and information. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding during this time.