Would You Recognize Common Signs of Caregiver Burnout?
• You are increasingly impatient and irritable with your loved one.
• Your life revolves around caregiving, but it gives you little satisfaction.
• You neglect your own needs, either because you are too busy, overwhelmed, or you simply (and honestly) do not care anymore.
• You place unreasonable demands and burdens upon yourself.
• Unrealistic expectations come into play as you may be expecting your involvement to positively affect your loved one, either physically or mentally.
• Frustration from not being able to control the situation. This can include covid restrictions, your loved one’s condition, or an overall lack of resources, finances, organization, and simply not knowing what you don’t know.
If you are experiencing any of these, that is not uncommon and does not make you a "bad caregiver! Please consider taking an hour for yourself and join one of our caregiver support groups or reach out to schedule an individual consultation, both at no expense. Please know you are not alone and we look forward to seeing how we may be of assistance.