- Post-Hospital Discharge Outreach by Case Managers Reduces Readmissions by 22 Percent
- According to this study, patients who received follow-up phone calls within 24 hours post-discharge showed reduced readmission rates of 22%. It's a hot topic on our new LinkedIn forum: CaseTalk - a Forum for Care Coordinators.
Join the discussion here:
- Good Working Conditions for Nurses Lead to Lower Hospital Readmissions
- Case Managers Critical to ACO Promoting Care Coordination, Prevention
- Communication is Key to Medication Adherence
- Patient Engagement in the Patient-Centered Medical Home: A Continuum Approach
- Meet Healthcare Case Manager Patti Tipton: Former Air Force RN Empowers Patients On the Ground
- New Chart: What's the ROI from Diabetes Management Programs?
- Healthcare Reform, Care Transitions, Survivorship Top 10 Case Management Trends for 2013
- Infographic: The Obesity Crisis
- Q&A: What Tools Do Embedded Case Managers Use to Manage Their Care Plans?
Missed the last issue? View it here.
Share these headlines on:
Take this month's e-survey: Improving Medication Adherence in 2013
Interested in all open surveys? Review them here.
Download new market research: August 2012: Asthma Management in 2012
Watch a HIN video: Embedded Case Managers in Healthcare
For more information on case management: Healthcare Intelligence Network Case Management Monitor
To receive daily updates from Twitter, follow us at: http://twitter.com/#!/casemanagers.
What are your case management information needs?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know what topics you'd like to see covered in the Case Management Monitor.
© 2012 Case Management Monitor by Healthcare Intelligence Network.
Editor: Cheryl Miller, email@example.com;
Publisher: Melanie Matthews, firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial Offices: 800 State Highway 71, Suite 2, Sea Girt, NJ 08750,
Fax (732) 449-4463; e-mail email@example.com, Web site
Join HIN Online:
You Might Be Interested In:
Free Download: Accountable Care Organizations in 2012.
Case Managers in the Primary Care Practice: Tools, Assessments and Workflows for Embedded Care Coordination examines two promising pilots in embedded case management: Nurse Navigators working alongside physicians in Bon Secours Health System's Advanced Medical Home program, and Nurse Case Managers at the heart of CDPHP's Enhanced Primary Care effort.
Order your instant PDF download or print copy today.
Featured Webinar Replay:
Patricia Curran, principal in Buck Consultants' National Clinical Practice:
"The overall goal of population health management is to reduce the demand for healthcare by improving the health status of the workforce."
Watch the webinar today or order a training DVD or CD-ROM.