Today Governor Cuomo announced that New York casinos will be permitted to reopen on Wednesday, September 9th, provided that they institute the following health guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Masks will be required for all employees and patrons
- Buildings must have advanced filtration systems
- They can operate at 25% capacity
- Slot machines players must be seated at least six feet apart, unless separated by a physical barrier
- Table games will not be permitted unless the casino can install NYS approved physical barriers between players
- Additional staff will be needed to enforce social distancing and mask requirements
The New York State Gaming Corporate will be regulating the reopening process.