Thank you for your interest in the casserole and bag lunch program at Elizabeth House. Our casserole program is a critical part of being able to serve an average of 75-80 people a hot nutritious meal every night. We use 10 casseroles for every meal and most of them are donated by local faith groups, service organizations, students, families and neighbors.
Here are some additional details to consider:
- Depending on how many you plan to make, casseroles can be prepared in a regular sized casserole disposable foil pan (9x13x2).
- Label the casserole(s) with the date and name of recipe and group or individual. It is not required, but freezing your casserole prior to drop off is completely fine.
- Use safe food handling techniques when you prepare the casserole. Wash your hands with soap and water for 30 seconds before beginning and while cooking, if you touch your face or hair or leave the kitchen before completing the casserole.
- Below is a list of links to easy casserole recipes - each regular sized casserole dish should serve 8-10 people.
- We are always in need of new recipes. If you have a new recipe that you want to provide, please send us a note first to make sure it is a recipe that will work in this setting.
- And lastly, don't worry if you can't bake, or get short on time. A prepared meat, family size Stouffer’s macaroni & cheese or Meat Lasagna frozen meal is a wonderful contribution too!
Donations can be dropped off 7 days a week between 4:30p-5:30p at the rear entrance at 308 Gorman Avenue Laurel 20707.
Also attached is information about our Bagged Lunch Donation program. Every day, we need 75 bag lunches to be given out with dinner. Lunch consist of a sandwich, salty snack, sweet snack, piece of fruit and a bottle of water. Please put a date on the bag and mark it "Meat" or "PBJ". There is a calendar link below (open dates are in green - please note lunches must be delivered to our location between 4:30-5:00 on the date you choose). If you are sending less than 75, please be sure to let us know.
Thanks again for reaching out to help. Elizabeth House is completely run by volunteers and could not provide this significant service to the community without the dedication and generosity of people like you!
Kitchen Operations Team