WANTED! Special Needs Buddies
Whispering Winds hosts a weekend family camp experience for families who have children with special needs. This unique family camp experience takes place at the Whispering Winds campgrounds in the lovely Julian mountains.
We recruit Special Needs Buddies (SNBs) to accompany each child with special needs. SNBs are adults exclusively paired 1:1 with a child of any age with disability.
Our goal is to make each family feel assured that their child's special needs are fully met while campers enjoy a fun-loving and caring companion during all planned weekend activities.
** SNBs need no prior experience with kids with special needs as they will receive basic training from Whispering Winds staff in the care of children with developmental disabilities.
The SNB Experience Includes:
· Lodging for 3 days + 2 nights (Friday afternoon - Sunday afternoon)
· Six delicious meals, plus snacks
· Buddy Family Camp T-shirt
Weekend Service Dates:
Friday, July 26, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. - Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
· SNBs need to provide their own transportation to and from the camp site.
· All female SNBs will be lodged in one Dorm Village; all male SNBs will be in a separate lodge.
· We request that each SNB make a donation of $50 to Whispering Winds to help offset the cost of food.
ALL SNBs MUST ATTEND THE SPECIAL NEEDS TRAINING MEETING
July 16th from 5:00-9:00 p.m. at St. Therese Social Center
6026 Camino Rico, San Diego, CA 92120
for more information or to apply to be a Buddy.
If you are interested in this fun and rewarding summer experience, please contact Betty Britschgi