* Never leave your car running or the keys in the ignition
when you are away from it, even for "just a minute."
* Always roll up the windows and lock the car, even if it's in
front of your house.
* Never leave valuables in plain view, even if your car is
locked. Put them in the trunk or at least out of sight.
* Park in busy, well-lighted areas.
* Don't leave personal identification documents or credit
cards in your vehicle.
* When you pay to park in a lot or garage, leave just the
ignition key with the attendant. Make sure that no personal
information is attached.