Members and Supporters,
You’ve heard it before…time flies! Can you believe the Chamber is celebrating its 5 year milestone anniversary…TODAY? That’s right…five years ago today, we officially launched the Chamber and held a launch event as part of the “LGBT Business Builders” event sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC). Other collaborating partners for the event included Houston Community College and OutSmart Magazine. What a ride it’s been!
I am incredibly proud to be one of the Chamber Co-Founders along with Gary Wood. When Gary and I launched the Chamber, we wanted to ensure that the LGBTQ+ Business Community has a strong voice and access to economic opportunity.
We knew that it not only was important but crucial to make sure the LGBTQ community was represented when it comes to economic development and economic inclusion. With our work since the launch of the Chamber, we have created a ‘seat at the table’ for the LGBTQ+ Business Community. The Chamber has become the leading voice locally and regionally and through our statewide collaboration with the Texas LGBTQ Chambers of Commerce.
With these accomplishments and more, it’s such a collective effort on many fronts. Through the initial support of our Inaugural Corporate Partners, Founding and Inaugural Members and our Founding Leadership Council and past and present Board Members to our entire membership, Executive Administrators and our volunteers who have been part of this amazing journey to our 5 year celebration, we are incredibly grateful to you. This milestone celebration would not be possible without you and we are thankful for your dedication, giving of your talent and treasure, and for being a key part of the Chamber’s success since 2016.
The Chamber has grown tremendously since its launch in 2016. Major accomplishments and contributions to the LGBTQ+ and Allied business community, and community as a whole, include:
- Tremendous growth through an increase in the number of members every year since the launch of the organization
- Increasing the number of LGBTBE® Certified businesses in the region and state
- Offering and increasing programming and events annually to connect LGBTQ+ and Allied entrepreneurs
- Collaborating with other economic development organizations including LGBTQ+ chambers across the State of Texas as well as local and international partners
- Advocating to ensure the LGBTQ+ business community has a strong voice locally, regionally and statewide
- Creating economic opportunities for its members
- Recognition as the leading voice for the Greater Houston LGBTQ+ business community