2020 PRIMARY ELECTION
Ok folks, we have our final answer regarding voting in the 2020 Ohio Primary Election!
After much confusion, the Election Day contingency plan has been decided. On Wednesday, March 25th, the Ohio General Assembly passed Sub. Am. HB 197, which provided clarity on the plan to allow voters to cast their ballots after the COVID19 emergency closed all Election Day polling locations.
The opportunity to vote by mail has been extended to April 28, 2020.
NOTE: It will be Vote by Mail Only - No In-Person Voting at Polling Places!
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The voter registration deadline has not changed. You must have been registered by February 18, 2020 to participate in the 2020 primary election.
- If you've already voted, you're good! Your vote will be counted on Tuesday, April 28th with everyone else's.
FOR HOMELESS VOTERS AND VOTERS WITH DISABILITIES WHO NEED SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: You may vote in-person on April 28, 2020 at the Cuyahoga Board of Elections, 2924 Euclid Avenue, between 6:30am-7:30pm.
FOR EVERYONE: If you haven't already voted, you may request an Vote by Mail (absentee) ballot.* *Note: You MUST REQUEST an absentee ballot, it will NOT be automatically sent to you. Technically, you have until April 25 for the Board of Elections to receive your absentee ballot request, but we highly recommend sending your request as soon as possible.
Cuyahoga County Board of Elections
PO Box 89448
Cleveland, OH 44101-6448
You can also return your application in person to the Board of Elections, which is located at 2925 Euclid Avenue in Cleveland. A secure drop box is located in the parking lot behind the building and is accessible 24 hours a day.
- If you do not have access to a printer or stamps, call Cuyahoga County Board of Election - 216.443.VOTE (216.443.8683) - and follow voice prompts.
* Step 2: Receive your Vote by Mail ballot in the mail and follow the directions for completing the ballot.
- Assuming you are properly registered to vote and completed the request form correctly, you will receive your Vote by Mail ballot and accompanying instructions in a timely fashion.
- If there is a question regarding your voter registration eligibility, you will receive a provisional ballot with a note indicating why your registration has been flagged and pre-paid postage for the provisional ballot.
- To track the status of your ballot request or ballot on the County Board Elections website at www.443vote.us. - https://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/track-my-ballot.aspx
* Step 3: Return your ballot to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections
- MAIL your absentee ballot, and it must be postmarked by Monday April 27, 2020. OR
- DROP OFF your absentee ballot by Tuesday, April 28, 7:30pm
And don't forget, if you have any trouble throughout the voting process, feel free to contact the nonpartisan voter hotline at