Tips for Working Successfully
With A Condo Contractor
If I have sold you a condo, then you probably know my trusty contractor, Mario. We have worked together for almost
two decades and ALMOST ALL of my buyers love him-
nearly impossible odds, but they do.
are some inside tips that he puts out there:
- Don't hover- but please ask questions me questions.
It is important that our expectations are on the
- Don't assume something will be done if it's not discussed and in writing. So please, let's review our agreement and cement our understanding and expectations prior to starting the job.
- If you add extra work, don't be surprised it's costing more money and your final bill is higher than the original estimate.
- When it comes to pricing, you get what you pay for. And I can't go around other contractor's work....
what's done is done, and to undo and start over is
not going to be inexpensive.
- Treat customers how you would want to be treated. Usually I don't care how the customer treats me...
I'm the one who's always nice. It's just good for business and makes everything go so much better.
- I can only work during certain hours and days in
most high rise condo buildings. No way around that.
And here is what I tell my buyers who want
to their new condo:
Plan the "fly" and fly the plan.
...If you are looking to add time, money and
to the job- Just change your mind
as the job goes along :-)