Updating The Updates
...many buildings in town making improvements
You've got to spend money to make money and buildings need to continually maintain common elements which can play heavily into a condominium's value. Here are some updates:
1) Locust Point at 2429 Locust St- Has hallway design boards posted in the management office. Looks like they're redoing lobby and hallways. A smart move for a smart building.
2) 500 Walnut St.- I was surprised to see they added a small playground behind the building. I've not seen one of those in town. Bravo.
3) Abbott Square at 200 Lombard St- Repainting hallways and various common elements throughout.
4) St. James Court- The association is reviewing options for a full roof replacement project with no additional assessment needed! That's rare for any complex.
5) Rivers Edge at 2301 Cherry - Soon to be installing charging stations for electric car owners and focusing on a new back-up generator and patio/balcony restorations.
6) The Coronado at 2201 Chestnut St: Recently replaced one of their two commercial water heaters along with a laundry list of non-glamorous improvements (which always helps maintain value).
7) The Academy House at 1420 Locust has gone through an amazing transformation:
*Restoration of Main Entry Arcade off Locust St.
*Replacement of 14,000 light bulbs to LED (damn- that's a lot!)
*Converted from steam to gas for hot water and heat.
(We're going to have to seriously upgrade the
Academy House page on our website)
8) The new Laurel on Rittenhouse Square is going to dwarf everything on Rittenhouse Sq. The plan is for a 48 story skyscraper at 1911 Walnut and the renderings are pretty magnificent!