Central Catholic family,
The Bloomington-Normal Catholic schools participated in a phone conference with Dr. Sharon Weiss and the Office of Catholic Schools earlier today. We received the following directives from the Office of the Bishop.
All diocesan schools will be closed during the week of March 16-20.
- Friday, March 13: Regular Attendance Day. Students should take home all essential learning materials: textbooks, notebooks, folders, computers, etc.
- Monday, March 16 & Tuesday, March 17: Teachers and administrators will be in school, preparing to implement E-Learning lessons and activities. There will be no student requirements on these two days.
- Wednesday March 18: We will conduct an E-Learning day, in which students will be given activities, assignments and assessments to complete. We will send home an evaluation of the E-Learning trial day to ask parents for their feedback regarding any challenges or other issues that were experienced.
- Thursday, March 19: Teachers and administrators will continue to evaluate E-curriculum. There will be no student requirements on this day.
- Friday, March 20: We will start Spring Break, as previously scheduled.
The objective for next week is for our faculty to be prepared for a potential extended period of remote learning. All extracurricular activities, including practices and the high school musical, will continue as scheduled until further notice.
School is currently scheduled to be back in session on Monday, March 30. We will continue to closely monitor and plan for the rapidly changing Coronavirus/COVID-19 health issue.
Updated information will be communicated via email, social media and will be on our website.
Please be sure to
read this document
for all pertinent information from the Office of the Bishop, including travel.