This is a particularly unusual time in the school year. We seem to live with one foot in the current school year and the other foot in the next. With a few short weeks left, we are busy with our end of the year assessments and activities. In addition, we are carefully preparing for the many changes that will await us when we return to school in September.
We would like to take a minute to share a few of the many ways that our CenDen Family will be celebrating learning between now and the end of the year.
- Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6th through the 10th. Central-Denison is blessed to have an amazing staff who go above and beyond every day. Please take a minute to let your child’s teacher know how much you appreciate the time they have dedicated to your child’s success.
- The 2nd and 3rd grade spring concert will be held on Wednesday, May 8th in the main gym at Badger High School. The doors open at 6:00 with the concert starting at 6:30. As always, Miss Stanfield and her students have prepared for a fantastic show!
- Once again, as a celebration of our students as writers, we will share our Cartonera Projects with our families on Friday, May 10th. Our families are welcome to join our students as we share the books they have written. Our open house begins at 2:30 and wraps up at 5:00.
- The CenDen PTO will be hosting our 4th annual color run on Friday, May 10th. The “Dolphin Dash” is our spring fundraiser and will once again be held on our playground beginning at 5:30. Registration is available for $15 at the CenDen office.
- Throughout the month we have numerous transitional meetings planned for our 3rd graders and their parents in preparation for their move to Eastview. If you have a 3rd grade student, be sure to check with their teacher for specific details.
- In preparation for our incoming 4kers, CenDen will be hosting our 3rd Annual 4K Round-up on May 23rd from 4:00 to 5:30. This event will allow the families of our incoming 4kers to visit our school, meet the 4K teachers, and get an overall feel for what 4K is all about. Registration information will be available on site.
- On May 29th, the staff will be celebrating several of our staff members who received special honors this year. Miss Stanfield was named Joint #1 Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Wagner-Martin was named Pupil Services Staff Member of the Year, and Mrs. Kirkland was celebrated as Support Staff Person of the Year. Congratulations to all of these ladies!
- Our 4K Fly-up will be held on Wednesday, June 5th. This is our end of the year program that celebrates the growth that our 4kers have made throughout the year. Our AM 4Kers will celebrate at 10:00 and our PM 4K program will be at 2:45. Details will be shared with families as the event draws closer.
In addition to all of these events, all classes will be participating in field trip experiences that will include many downtown Lake Geneva businesses, as well as some more distant locations such as the Betty Brinn Museum and Green Meadows Farm.
It is important to remember that some of the most valuable learning that takes place in school is not about academics. Our children are being exposed to social experiences and character building activities throughout their day. Showing character and making good decisions will help our children become the leaders and role models of our future.
Thank you for sharing your children with us.
Becky Buhler & Colin Nugent