Getting Started with WebEx
June 8, 2020, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
This session is for faculty who are just getting started with WebEx. We will cover:
- Setting up a host account to host sessions
- Sharing documents or sharing your screen
- Student access and communication
MS Teams for Teaching
June 10, 2020, 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
This session is for faculty who wants to set up a class team for student collaboration and virtual office hours. We will cover:
- How to access MS Teams
- How to set up a class team
- Creating channels for group work and collaboration
- Hosting meetings and virtual office hours in MS teams
WebEx Breakout Rooms
June 11 OR June 24, 2020, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
This session is for faculty who have experience with WebEx meetings, and who are looking to use the WebEx Training Centre and break out rooms for teaching synchronously online. We will cover:
- Setting up a training session
- Creating polls
- Creating breakout rooms
- Using other interactive features inside a training session
Creating Interaction and Engagement in the Synchronous Classroom
June 16 OR June 30, 2020, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
This session is for faculty who know the basics of using Teams and WebEx, but would like some more ideas for how to create interaction and engagement. We will:
- Discover tools in Webex and Teams that can help support interaction
- Explore facilaition techniques that encourage interaction and create space for learning
Maximizing e-Portfolio Use
June 17, 2020, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
e-Portfolios are an effective tool for student assignments. Learn how to maximize the potential for student self-reflection, peer-to-peer sharing and ideation.
Creating Video in Kaltura
June 18, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Kaltura video platform is a simple but powerful tool for creating video for your students and by your students. Learn more about how to create short but compelling videos segments.
Setting Up Your Course in eLearn
June 22, 2020, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
This session is for faculty with limited or some experience with eLearn, who would like to explore how best to format and use eLearn to support student learning. We will:
- Explore different options and principles for clear learning-centred formats and design in eLearn
- Discuss ways to guide and direct students asynchronously
- Consider formats and tools that work for your course(s)
eLearn Special Topics
June 23, 2020, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
This session is for faculty who would like to dive deeper into special topics or activity options in eLearn. Final agenda will be decided based on input from registrants.
Kool Ideas in Kaltura
June 25, 2020, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The Kaltura video platform has a variety of options that can enhance your videos. Learn about how to include chapters, quizzes, and interactive transcripts and more.
Online Teaching Fundamentals
August 17 – 21, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
This five-day micro course is designed for faculty interested in developing and/or teaching an online or blended course. This course is delivered both asynchronously and synchronously. Each day begins with a daily webinar covering a different topic of course design and delivery that is followed by self-paced activities that allow you to build on what you learned. The course models an approach you can take with your students.