Certified Beginner Beekeeping course
8 sessions (February 19 to April 21, 2018)
Mike & Judy Campbell are certified by the B.C. Honey Producer's Association to teach the beginner beekeepers course. There will be 8 sessions with 21 hours of instruction (12 hours in the class room and 9 hours will be experiential hands-on near the bees and/or at the hives). Course fee of $250.00 will include the course materials, instruction, final examination and experience with equipment and bees. Upon successful completion of the exam, a certificate will be issued. The course fees include a one year membership to the B.C. Honey Producer's Association, which provides an industry newsletter as well as links to the provincial and national beekeeping industry.
- Feb 19, 26, March 5, 12, Monday evenings, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. lecture/hands on classroom
- March 24 and April 7 & 14. Saturday mornings 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. working with the bees and hives.
- April 21, last field experience and graduation 10:00 to 12:30
If you would like register for this certificate course, please contact us at email@example.com.
All instruction will take place at the farm at 2595 Lefeuvre Road, Abbotsford, B.C. 604-856-2125
This is also a great way to learn about bees even if you are not planning on beekeeping at this time.
A $50.00 deposit is required to hold your seat for this course with final payment due at Class commencement on Feb 19, 2018
1. Introduction to Beekeeping
2. Beekeeping Management and Hive Manipulation
3. Diseases and Pests
4. Honey, Nectar, Pollen, and Pollination
5. Honey Harvesting, Marketing, Fall & Winter Management
6 . Hands on with equipement and at the live honey bee colony
PAYMENT: CASH: CHEQUE:
If you pay in the store we have debit and credit options also available to you.
* Please submit deposit of $50.00 to hold your seat by Jan 20, 2018 and balance of $250 course fee at the latest by Feb 19th class commencement to: Campbell's Gold Honey Farm & Meadery, 2595 Lefeuvre Road, Abbotsford, V4X 1H5,
Mailing address is as follows:
PO Box 307 Aldergrove,
Aldergrove B.C. V4W 2T8.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org